Syracuse

Hopefully we shoot better then we did against Texas Tech and The Aztecs . That was brutal offense . We need Syracuse to shoot like Texas Tech

You’re right. Iowa ranks number 9 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency per kenpom because they are terrible on offense and can’t shoot.
That stat is worthless . Only 2 players on the entire roster are shooting the 3 ball above 36 percent and one of them is our center . This team is full of lousy shooters .

That stat is worthless . Only 2 players on the entire roster are shooting the 3 ball above 36 percent and one of them is our center . This team is full of lousy shooters .
Bohannon and Wieskamp both are career 3pt shooters above 40%. Offensive efficiency is a meaningless stat now? You have zero clue what you are talking about.

Bohannon and Wieskamp both are career 3pt shooters above 40%. Offensive efficiency is a meaningless stat now? You have zero clue what you are talking about.
This years stats don’t lie . What happens in the past is irrelevant to this year’s team. Will it improve as the year goes on? Hard to say with the hip injury with JBo and Joe W confidence possibly being a little shaken . Free throw as a team is at 73 percent this season . That’s not too bad but what has happened to Garza at the charity stripe ? He is only shooting 57 this season . That’s a huge nose dive . The stat you put up is skewed because of some of the cupcakes we have played . The preconference stat with Kenpom doesn’t really mean much at this point

This years stats don’t lie . What happens in the past is irrelevant to this year’s team. Will it improve as the year goes on? Hard to say with the hip injury with JBo and Joe W confidence possibly being a little shaken . Free throw as a team is at 73 percent this season . That’s not too bad but what has happened to Garza at the charity stripe ? He is only shooting 57 this season . That’s a huge nose dive . The stat you put up is skewed because of some of the cupcakes we have played . The preconference stat with Kenpom doesn’t really mean much at this point

Who cares what the team shot in the previous game if what happens in the past is irrelevant.

I think it's still too early to deep dive into deciphering many stats yet. Garza will shoot better as the yr goes on just a rough start at the line for him. Once we get a couple games into the BIG season I think we'll have a better grasp of what we have to work with and should (maybe) expect.

This is one of those winnable games but its at Syracuse, and Boeheim will be lighting a torch. If they have any chance at NCAA's, they have to win this game. Be nice if we could do a last second 3 to win, you know, do a "Nebraska" to them........

I have watched some Syracuse games so far, they do not look very good

After watching the game tonight I would strongly second that. They suck. I honestly believe that our second line of players would have beat them. Due to the fact that Fran plays so many different players I wouldn’t know who the second line of players are. I wasn’t really impressed with either team tonight. The first half especially seemed lackluster. Their fan base seemed indifferent.

After watching the game tonight I would strongly second that. They suck. I honestly believe that our second line of players would have beat them. Due to the fact that Fran plays so many different players I wouldn’t know who the second line of players are. I wasn’t really impressed with either team tonight. The first half especially seemed lackluster. Their fan base seemed indifferent.

Yeah this is not your father's Syracuse team, that's for sure. They're pretty bad right now.

Not overwhelming, but a solid, workmanlike effort by Iowa. They did what they needed to do against a struggling team. Second half mainly.

I thought the same about the atmosphere.. People think Carver is lame but the carrier dome was a morgue. Granted, they didn't have a lot to cheer about.

Yeah this is not your father's Syracuse team, that's for sure. They're pretty bad right now.

Not overwhelming, but a solid, workmanlike effort by Iowa. They did what they needed to do against a struggling team. Second half mainly.

I thought the same about the atmosphere.. People think Carver is lame but the carrier dome was a morgue. Granted, they didn't have a lot to cheer about.

Here’s an article about Syracuse’s woes. Worst start in fifty years.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebask...art-in-50-years-after-68-54-loss-to-iowa.html

Latest posts