Sweetest Iowa Autograph You Have?

Matt Roth signed the newspaper picture of him doing thenGator chomp in the Outback Bowl after a sack of Leak.

Also an Eddie Hinkel autograph on a framed color photo of his diving endzone TD in the big House. The looks on the faces of the scUM fans in the first row are priceless.

Chad Greenway. The rumors are true - he can be a bit standoffish, but if you are quick on your feet and can think of something clever to yell at him, he will oblige you with an autograph or two.

I have a Hawkeye basketball signed by the '83 or '84 team(?). has Lute, Carfino, Stokes, Payne, Hansen, Berkenpas, Boyle, King, etc. It was a gift from my sister who was pretty good friends with Berkenpas.

Ahhhh hold on to that one! Those were fun teams to watch! Loved all of those players.

Does a Steve Alford autograph count? ... Okay, does it help that I got his autograph before he sank our program :)

Some of my most prized autographs:

Favorite is Hayden's auto. He was in Des Moines signing for his book about 8-10 years ago ...
Helmet with Captain Kirk's auto
Football signed by Dallas Clark and Brad Banks
Also have sigs from Bob Sanders and many of the other Hawks during the 2003 or so season.

1) BJ, Marble and one other (Ed Horton perhaps?) They were walking in the parking lot behind the press box before a football game back in the day.

2) Wrestling program from '82 I believe with 8 or 9 wrestlers' signatures (Barry Davis, the Banach brothers, Trizzino, Goldman, maybe one of the Zalesky brothers from what I remember). I was 9 yrs old at the time and I'd just walk right up to the bench and tap the wrestlers on the shoulder and ask for an autograph. I don't believe it was allowed once they moved into Carver.

I have all the 1980 regional programs and the 1980 Final Four program signed by the coaching staff and the entire team.

This doesn't count but while in school in 1985, A girl I knew that worked in the football dining halls had the entire 1985 team sign a football. I gave it to my little brother for Christmas. He still has it.

Otherwise I have Toni Moeaki's sig on a football...and pictures of him signing it. Then some other footballs with signatures of Hawks like Jewel Hampton, DJK, and Adam Robinson.:eek:

When i was 10 years old my dad took us to Tucson, AZ to the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Before Iowa played UTEP who had Tim Hardaway as point guard, I slipped all the way down to the court and took my mini basketball and Sharpee and proceeded to get almost every single Iowa autograph from that great 86-87 team who should have won the tournament that year! Was up 19 points at half to UNLV and blew it! The ball has BJ Armstrong, Roy Marble, Ed Horton, Kevin Gamble, Bill Jones, Brad Lohaus, Gary Wright, Jeff Moe, Michael Morgan, Michael Reeves, Les Jepsen, Mark Jewell. Al Lorenzen wouldn't sign it I recall. ;) (vanilla gorilla) reneged when they called him that??

Clayborn, Sash and Ballard all signed my Orange Bowl ticket. Clayborn signed it with 'MVP' under his name.

Tate and Holloway signed helmet.

This doesn't count but while in school in 1985, A girl I knew that worked in the football dining halls had the entire 1985 team sign a football. I gave it to my little brother for Christmas. He still has it.

Otherwise I have Toni Moeaki's sig on a football...and pictures of him signing it. Then some other footballs with signatures of Hawks like Jewel Hampton, DJK, and Adam Robinson.:eek:

Was her name Melody because I have one too

Latest posts