Sweetest Iowa Autograph You Have?

freese20

Just wanted to take a look at some Iowa signatures that you've collected through the years, what is the coolest one you own?

Hayden Fry gave my dad an autographed football. Dad then gave it to me. I'm not big on autographs, but that one is pretty awesome to me.

Have to agree with OK4P on Greenway. Dude is legit friendly, and in addition to signing a life-size cutout of himself that I brought to a game one time, he accepted my invite for drinks & dinner and we hung out for most of an evening.

Chad Greenway. The guy hands 'em out like candy and is a totally stand up dude.
keysarcasticclap.gif

I used to sling drinks at a bar in Cedar Falls, and Adrian Clayborn was in one night (I think he was with some UNI hoopyball players), and I got him to sign one of the dollar bills that he left me for a tip.

My brother also gave me a Ricky Stanzi autographed football for my birthday this past May.

Both pretty sweet, from a couple of great Hawkeyes.

I have a Hawkeye basketball signed by the '83 or '84 team(?). has Lute, Carfino, Stokes, Payne, Hansen, Berkenpas, Boyle, King, etc. It was a gift from my sister who was pretty good friends with Berkenpas.

Have to agree with OK4P on Greenway. Dude is legit friendly, and in addition to signing a life-size cutout of himself that I brought to a game one time, he accepted my invite for drinks & dinner and we hung out for most of an evening.

Yeah, when my buddy met him up at the game, my buddy was wearing Iowa gear, and Greenway was totally taken aback and impressed. My buddy said it was basically like one of those epic Bugle Boy commercials but that ended with Greenway handing out dozens of autographs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtTjFZSbZUo&feature=related]Bugle Boy Jeans - Go-Go's - YouTube[/ame]

Signed BJ Armstrong Chicago Bulls rookie card.

Signed basketball from Michael Payne.

Signed Boston Celtics card from Kevin Gamble.

Almost bought a Nile Kinnick last year but the wife was PO'd when I was about to transfer the money. Still regretting it. Have alot of other autographs though. Tate signed jersey, team basketball (Alford, Brunner, etc.), Hodge and greenway signed poster (the one they gang tackled Leak), naeding tee signed, 1930's pennant, many Kirk auto's, 2004-2005 team signed helmet, and various other memorabilia. :p

Nate Kaeding signed jersey and 8x10 all framed up hanging on my wall. A friend of mine gave me the jersey because I helped him move. It looked like a authentic game worn #95 jersey, but I don't think it was the style that Kaeding played in. Anyway it stayed in the back of my car, and one day I was driving to see another friend in Boone and I hear on the radio that Nate was signing autographs a some cellular phone place in Des Moines. Well a short little detour down to DM got me the jersey signed and a couple free autographed 8x10.

I have a vintage Wade Lookingbill bobble-head doll where he is in a semi crouched position holding a ball up above his head. It is priceless.

Latest posts