Sweet 16

What's the bigger gap? Between Iowa and Purdue rosters or Fran and Painter?

Take Edwards out of the mix.......what am I missing with this Purdue squad?

Yeah, this Michigan-Texas Tech game is setting basketball back to the peach basket era

imgres.jpg

I filled out 25 brackets in ESPN's Second Chance Sweet Sixteen Brackets

And I only picked Oregon in 2 of them to advance

Took about a half hour to fill them all out

What's the bigger gap? Between Iowa and Purdue rosters or Fran and Painter?

Take Edwards out of the mix.......what am I missing with this Purdue squad?

They play defense, not elite this season but pretty damn good. They didn't have one of their best defensive games last night but they did play well in OT.

If Iowa played defensive like they do they would have been in the Sweet 16 the last 3 years in a row easily and probably better.

If you had told me this year’s Boikers would be better than last year’s I would have wagered a lot against it.
I think their run ends Saturday, however. Tennessee was overrated and Iowa exposed them. Purdue did to Tennessee's defense what Iowa did in the second half but had enough left in overtime to get stops and finish job. You could tell that Painter and the staff had the Iowa game well scouted. That step back three by Ryan Cline with the shot clock winding down late in regulation was Bohannon-esque.

Now they have Virginia. Like Texas Tech-Gonzaga, that will be a case of contrasting styles.

I think their run ends Saturday, however. Tennessee was overrated and Iowa exposed them. Purdue did to Tennessee's defense what Iowa did in the second half but had enough left in overtime to get stops and finish job. You could tell that Painter and the staff had the Iowa game well scouted. That step back three by Ryan Cline with the shot clock winding down late in regulation was Bohannon-esque.

Now they have Virginia. Like Texas Tech-Gonzaga, that will be a case of contrasting styles.
I picked VA. But I like the way the Boilers are playing. And they did a lot wrong last night. I think these Boilers Shockingly make the FF4.

I picked VA. But I like the way the Boilers are playing. And they did a lot wrong last night. I think these Boilers Shockingly make the FF4.
15-31 from the line. 50% fg defense from two and three points. 82 points given up in regulation. 65-51 lead blown in about three minutes. Yet they are moving on.

It's why they call it March Madness.

Latest posts