Surprise picks to make noise in March

hawkIhoops

Who are your picks to do some damage in March?

1) Wichita State
2) New Mexico (hope not, but they are on a roll)
3) ISU (double ditto to above, but they will be a tough matchup)
4) Indiana (hard team to prepare for with lots of shooters)

Don't forget the Hawks after we win the BTT! I guy can dream can't he?
Back on topic, I think Indiana's inability to win away from home may come into play in the tournament.

1) Wichita State

I'm on board with your Wichita St pick. They are playing great basketball right now. That Creighton game a couple weeks @Omaha wasn't even close

I think both Wichita State and Creighton could make some noise come tournament time. If Creighton can get back to playing like they were earlier in the year they are tough to beat.

New Mexico? ROFLMAO!!!!

If Iowa State can make 3's they can play with anyone - if they aren't, they can lose to anyone. Live and die by the 3-ball.

1) Wichita State

Both Wichita St and New Mexico are KenPom top ten teams. Wouldn't call them surprises. And as Chuck Barkley says, you don't live by the three, you die by the three and I see an early death for both of those teams.

your hatred for Alford makes you foolish in hoping he fails, as for ISU not a big fan but i do hope they win a couple in the Dance good pub for the state and the game between ISU and Iowa becomes attractice to the TV market, but go ahead and keep hating as the more you hate the more foolish you look

Not an upset at all, as they will likely be a 2 seed. But I will probably have Michigan state winning it all. They are tough this year and izzo knows how to win in march.

your hatred for Alford makes you foolish in hoping he fails, as for ISU not a big fan but i do hope they win a couple in the Dance good pub for the state and the game between ISU and Iowa becomes attractice to the TV market, but go ahead and keep hating as the more you hate the more foolish you look
I actually agree with every thing you just said.........weird

No it actually doesn't make him look foolish at all. There are a few people in this world that I hate and wish failure upon them for the rest of their lives. Michael Vick for instance. Apparently you don't quite understand fanATICdom which actually makes you look quite foolish.

how do look foolish, because i don't hate and actually hope another team get better, especially ISU , i am of the opinion the better ISU is the better it looks when Iowa beats them and a loss to ISU is not considered a bad loss, i am tired of being in a no win situation with a instate opponent, they are not in the BT they are in the B12, and i like the Idea of Big Time TV coverage for the State as tht will entice the top instate talent to stay home like a Barnes or Paige, but you keep up the hating and the continuing degrading of ISU and keeping the idea of both being good down

NW....they have a bunch of shooters and that princeton offense on speed along with the 1-3-1 zone will baffle some teams that do not play them ever.

I would be very surprised to see New Mexico make it very far. Remember who their coach is and how he chokes. He will lose first or second round...

I lived in Albuquerque for 11 years and he has brought enthusiasm for bb back to the town. UNM likes to think they are a big time bb school and support their school, but when times were tough they were just like any other school...fans simply quit going to games and attendance dropped. The Pit though is a great place.

Just knowing Alford's history leaves one to suspect that they will not go very far, simply because Alford is Alford. He always finds a way to lose games he should not lose. No hatred...just fact...

NewMexHawk, I hope you are right, but I think the Lobos are good enough that not even Alford can keep them from winning at least two games in March. Drew Gordon is tough and they have a number of wing shooters who can fill it up. Yes they are prone to cold shooting nights, but beating SDSU and UNLV back to back are two quality wins. Trust me, I am not rooting for them to make a run, just stating they appear to be a dangerous team playing their best ball.

Latest posts