Sure is awful quiet!

I'll respond, Kwood. I assume you're from CR. I'm originally from CR, too. Can't wait for this season, because I want the Hawks to show everyone what Brands can do with only one returning champ this year. The Pokes and the Koll's Big Red think they've got this year in the bag, but guess what? They don't. Should be a heck of a year

I'll respond, Kwood. I assume you're from CR. I'm originally from CR, too. Can't wait for this season, because I want the Hawks to show everyone what Brands can do with only one returning champ this year. The Pokes and the Koll's Big Red think they've got this year in the bag, but guess what? They don't. Should be a heck of a year

That's right. Boise St. is going to give them a run.

Thanks grapplefan. I graduated from South Tama back in 1965, not CR. I did go to grade school in Mt. Vernon. Is that close enough to count for CR :) I live 300 miles south in St. Louis, so like a lot of posters, I rely on internet posting to keep informed of all the goings on back in IC. And it had been so quiet here on the board with little info being shared, I just had to see if I could get somebody that visits practice to give out a little info. The guys are back to school and practicing in the room I'm guessing.

It was pretty much a forgone conclusion the Hawks would win NCAA's this past spring, but this coming season is reeeeaaaallllyyyy intriguing with only one returning starter and lots of Promise from these young guys. Just like I'm having trouble waiting to see how the Hawks do this football season, I'my really having a lot of trouble waiting to see some of these young guys get out on the mats and get it on! Team looks like it'll shake out to be a couple Sr. a Jr. and 7 RSF/Soph. Very, very young, but also very, very talented. So how will they do against other D1 talent. And can any of them have really good growth like McD did last year? Not expecing any new Nat. Champ, but maybe some AA? And can we get enough AA's to make a run at the NCAA title and surprise everyone? Well OK.....surprise everyone but Hawk fans!

To pass the time I could list abbreviations that are, apparently, only obvious to me, and we can all work on our wrestling shorthand:)

BTT
BTC
NQ
AA
NC
RD12

There will be plenty of AA's this year for the Hawks and they will be fighting for that trophy at the end of the year. How is that for an update Kwoodhawk?? :)

I truly feel that we have guys capable of being an AA in at least 9 weight classes and there is a chance that could grow to 10. I don't think that will happen but I have confidence that if these guys all keep improving they are all very capable. I actually really like going into this season with so many questions for a change and hopefully the young guns will develop the chip on there shoulder and show the world what Iowa wrestling is all about.

Thanks fulsaasfan.....that's simply amazing, at least to me anyway, that you think we could have 9-10 AA. I just can't quite wrap my mind around that yet. With the Sr. class that just left having only 8 AA last year and winning 3 NCAA titles in a row and this young group of relatively inexperienced guys possibly having more AA is kind of ......well, amazing. Not complaining at all! I'll be glad to watch it happen, OH YEAH! In fact, I think that would be great. We won in St. Louis in 2009 with only 5 AA and no 1st at all, so having 6 or more AA ought to capture another title. I guess getting to watch these guys in the room last year, you got a feel how well they did against last years Sr. class. and just how good they might become. Thanks for your thoughts. Keep'em coming:)

Btw AustinMnHawk...I think I figured out all your abreviations. Even NQ which has 2 correct answers, right? :)

Remember, I didn't say that I thought that we WOULD have that many AA. But that I did think that we COULD have that many. I am pretty excited about some of these kids getting there chance and I would be very surprised with less than 5 AA's. I think that at least that many guys are ready to go with a few more close to turning that corner if they keep improving and keep believing!

I live 300 miles south in St. Louis, so like a lot of posters, I rely on internet posting to keep informed of all the goings on back in IC.

KWOODHAWK--I was down in St. Louis for a three years, so I know that pains that you are going through to keep up to speed with Iowa wrestling. Are you a member of the St. Louis I-Club (The Gateway I-Club)? I was during my time down there. At that time, there were a number of Iowa wrestling fans that were part of the club. During game watches, I would talk with those fans to get an update of the program. Maybe that group will help you get your Iowa wrestling fix.

Man I sure hope all you guys are right. I'm not nearly as confident. I know we have a ton of young, talented studs, but I just see too many question marks when it comes to making a run at the title. Trophy for sure, but i just think we are a year or two away from being back in the title pic. But of course I hope i'm wrong. But FF, I don't watch them nearly as much as you, so I'll defer to your judgment and I realize that you aren't necessarily making predictions as much as looking at potential.
Now if we had Marion in there two and had 2 guys that could easily win a title and then after that you don't need tons more, but w/o him I just don't see how this young team makes a title run w/o a little more experience. But Brands and Co. do special things so let's hope that continues!

Brazilian Top Team and Bomb the City? I don't recognize these 2 acronyms and google didn't help either.

To pass the time I could list abbreviations that are, apparently, only obvious to me, and we can all work on our wrestling shorthand:)

BTT
BTC
NQ
AA
NC
RD12

Im bored so i will give these a shot here...

BTT= Big Ten Tourney?
BTC= B10 Champ?
NQ= national qualifier
AA= All american
NC= National Champ
RD12= made it to round of 12

How close am I?

CRlightweight, I am definitely looking at it as potential in this post. Like I said a couple times, this isn't what I think they will do but what they could do. They have all the potential in the world but they need to all believe and really by in to the staff all year and avoid injury.

Yeah I got ya. And I agree about the talent. They have loads of it. I guess i'm just worried about the inexperience. And because of the fact that so many of them will be in the line up for the first time ever as a full time starter. I will say though that i'm looking forward to this season as much as any I can remember in the past just because of the fact that I don't really know what to expect. It should be fun to watch all these young guys grow!

Latest posts