Super Secret Scrimmage

InGoodCo

Does anyone know who Iowa is playing this weekend in their "Secret" Scrimmage? I swear I was listening to Omaha radio on my way into work and I heard a guy say it was Creighton, but that makes no sense since they are 3rd game of the year. Anyone have any knowledge around this years game?

Why is it suppose to be secrete? Who gives a crap if they scrimmage against each other. Just let them play and Fran can come back and talk about how it went. Unless they are playing in Gaza.

Why is it suppose to be secrete? Who gives a crap if they scrimmage against each other. Just let them play and Fran can come back and talk about how it went. Unless they are playing in Gaza.
They either do 1 super secret scrimmage off campus or 2 open ones but Iowa typically plays KS, KST, CREIGHTON, MIZZOU, UNO somewhere near Omaha every year. They don't really keep scores and they practice situational moments at points during the scrimmage. Like, it may be a 20 minute half but they might spend half of that time just working on out of bound plays.

Weirdly enough, there is a rumor in Omaha media that Jay Higgins (CBB Ref who lives in Omaha) ejected Fran from a super secret scrimmage which makes me laugh even as I'm typing this. I love that Fran would be upset in a scrimmage that didn't count but that's just me.

Anyways, we typically hear how it went and that's typically some message board skuttlebutt heading into the week before the season opener. I think last year ISU and Creighton played and the word was that ISU waxed em so they came into the season thinking they were pretty good.

They either do 1 super secret scrimmage off campus or 2 open ones but Iowa typically plays KS, KST, CREIGHTON, MIZZOU, UNO somewhere near Omaha every year. They don't really keep scores and they practice situational moments at points during the scrimmage. Like, it may be a 20 minute half but they might spend half of that time just working on out of bound plays.

Weirdly enough, there is a rumor in Omaha media that Jay Higgins (CBB Ref who lives in Omaha) ejected Fran from a super secret scrimmage which makes me laugh even as I'm typing this. I love that Fran would be upset in a scrimmage that didn't count but that's just me.

Anyways, we typically hear how it went and that's typically some message board skuttlebutt heading into the week before the season opener. I think last year ISU and Creighton played and the word was that ISU waxed em so they came into the season thinking they were pretty good.
If there an any truth to it that is funny that Fran got tossed in a scrimmage. I just think back to Mr. Davis and it seemed like Tom was always cool and collected in comparison.

I am not saying that Tom never got tossed but I can’t remember it happening. Reminds me of another Tom but in the NFL. Tom Landry was always cool and collected and almost seemed uninterested in the game.

Creighton had an outstanding year

Always have followed Creighton since the Paul Silas days

If there an any truth to it that is funny that Fran got tossed in a scrimmage. I just think back to Mr. Davis and it seemed like Tom was always cool and collected in comparison.

I am not saying that Tom never got tossed but I can’t remember it happening. Reminds me of another Tom but in the NFL. Tom Landry was always cool and collected and almost seemed uninterested in the game.
Tom got his share of technical fouls but was never tossed, ejected or suspended.

Tom got his share of technical fouls but was never tossed, ejected or suspended.
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever described Mr. Davis as calm, cool, and collected back in the day. I can still see him running down the sideline like a chicken with its head cut off, grabbing a player by the arm and dragging him out of his chair and sending him to get checked in at the scorer's table -- acting as if the player didn't make it WWIII would begin!

If your spies are correct that's intriguing.
Yeah, from what I parsed, Fran likes having another shooter out there and he's outperforming DB. I still believe Bowen is a huge piece of this puzzle but interesting. Excited to watch this team

Dix could have a blow up season. A business acquaintance told me last summer that Josh was very underrated before the injury. Saw Josh play in HS and last season. He looks like a very good shooter, based on is smallish sample.

Gotta Love Fran

Takes no shite from any man alive

It’s been done this way going back many years

Latest posts