Super secret - free link to tonight's game?

You paid the Big Ten Network $250 a month for 20 years? Crazy, they haven't even been around that long, and the normal fee is $1 per month I believe when it did begin.

I paid DTV. They paid Fox and BTN. So, I paid them, plenty. I still pay them with my Hulu subscription FWIW. Every month. So, I know you were trying to "sting" me with that one and that's fine, I'll play along....but I have paid the entities that I am stealing from WAYYYYY more then I should have. That was MY BAD, I am a big dummy and won't do that anymore. Gotta be smarter with my dollars.

I paid DTV. They paid Fox and BTN. So, I paid them, plenty. I still pay them with my Hulu subscription FWIW. Every month. So, I know you were trying to "sting" me with that one and that's fine, I'll play along....but I have paid the entities that I am stealing from WAYYYYY more then I should have. That was MY BAD, I am a big dummy and won't do that anymore. Gotta be smarter with my dollars.

This just basically ties to a bigger issue with our society as a whole. It is basically the mindset that it is ok to steal from someone who has more. I mean no biggie, they have plenty, so I can steal from movie studios by pirating movies, or I can steal from artists, they make tens of millions, I can steal from companies they make lots of money, so it is ok.

The crazy thing is lots of times this is the mindset of middle class/upper class Americans who can afford to buy the things they want, but instead just justify stealing it. It is just a ****ed up mindset really, I just don't get it. I will teach my son it isn't ok to steal anything, even if the other person has more than them.

This just basically ties to a bigger issue with our society as a whole. It is basically the mindset that it is ok to steal from someone who has more. I mean no biggie, they have plenty, so I can steal from movie studios by pirating movies, or I can steal from artists, they make tens of millions, I can steal from companies they make lots of money, so it is ok.

The crazy thing is lots of times this is the mindset of middle class/upper class Americans who can afford to buy the things they want, but instead just justify stealing it. It is just a ****ed up mindset really, I just don't get it. I will teach my son it isn't ok to steal anything, even if the other person has more than them.
It's ok if the govt does it, right?

You can probably find it on one of those dot TV links that they post on Reddit.

So I stole the Bulls game last night using one of those links....sorry dean! Two weeks after I upgraded my contract and equipment with TheDish they took down NBC Chicago. I feel like I got screwed so whatever.

But I'll probably pay the $10 or $15 to stream the Iowa games legally.

I like it Dean. I really do. I am right in step with that on most things in life - you are a good person and you're gonna bring up your son right. Sometimes I just hit these illegal streaming talks to get a rise out of ya. It works.

But seriously, that's kind of how the world has always worked...forever and likely always will. While you might show you're son the right and wrong ways to do things it isn't going to change the fact that if he doesn't want to pay or work for it, he doesn't have to cause someone will give it to him for free. Ever heard the term, "a sucker is born every minute?" Good luck with that, if it wasn't for kids showing me how to do it, I'd still be paying. Kids are much smarter these days then I ever was. Smart enough not to throw money away.

I am also an artist. I can only speak for myself. My last album has been streamed on Itunes, Amazon and Spotify over 50,000 times in last year and that's not counting any kind of pirating. I literally give 2 shits if someone steals my work. Have it. It cost me tons to make. I made a shit ton of that back. I'll make more. I don't see every single person as someone I need to suck dry of money to enjoy what I provide. When we play a show, I see people getting into the venue for free constantly. We play for the door or we play for ticket sales. I don't give a shit if the guy gets in for free. Big deal. Me watching the BTN+ stream on some cracked link isn't me taking advantage of FOX or cable companies, they've taken advantage of me long enough.

I like it Dean. I really do. I am right in step with that on most things in life - you are a good person and you're gonna bring up your son right. Sometimes I just hit these illegal streaming talks to get a rise out of ya. It works.

But seriously, that's kind of how the world has always worked...forever and likely always will. While you might show you're son the right and wrong ways to do things it isn't going to change the fact that if he doesn't want to pay or work for it, he doesn't have to cause someone will give it to him for free. Ever heard the term, "a sucker is born every minute?" Good luck with that, if it wasn't for kids showing me how to do it, I'd still be paying. Kids are much smarter these days then I ever was. Smart enough not to throw money away.

I am also an artist. I can only speak for myself. My last album has been streamed on Itunes, Amazon and Spotify over 50,000 times in last year and that's not counting any kind of pirating. I literally give 2 shits if someone steals my work. Have it. It cost me tons to make. I made a shit ton of that back. I'll make more. I don't see every single person as someone I need to suck dry of money to enjoy what I provide. When we play a show, I see people getting into the venue for free constantly. We play for the door or we play for ticket sales. I don't give a shit if the guy gets in for free. Big deal. Me watching the BTN+ stream on some cracked link isn't me taking advantage of FOX or cable companies, they've taken advantage of me long enough.

I'm not some great person who does no wrong. Also don't get me wrong I make a mountain out of this mole hill to make a bigger point (and to also get a rise out of you as well) :). It ain't like I think watching a stream is a grave sin, and it is something I used to do back in the day (stealing cable in college, getting illegal downloaded song's in the past, etc).

I'm not some great person who does no wrong. Also don't get me wrong I make a mountain out of this mole hill to make a bigger point (and to also get a rise out of you as well) :). It ain't like I think watching a stream is a grave sin, and it is something I used to do back in the day (stealing cable in college, getting illegal downloaded song's in the past, etc).

touche Dean.

What I find is really funny is half the reason I never left cable was because streaming was always an adventure for me. It was choppy. Unreliable. Wouldn't work. My internet wasn't fast enough. I needed some other dealie. I just wasn't quit tech savvy enough to take advantage of it. I liked the convenience of cable. I knew that if I turned it on to that channel, that channel would work. I was like " I will gladly pay because I don't want to miss Iowa games" ....now fast forward to a year in streaming (legally) and I have people say "hey, get this link - you have to go there, wait 10 minutes, do the hokey pokey, disable cookies, clear your history and click "stay here" every time it asks...then you should be able to watch the Iowa scrimmage tonight for free at that link"...... meh, no thanks, I'll just pay $10.

touche Dean.

What I find is really funny is half the reason I never left cable was because streaming was always an adventure for me. It was choppy. Unreliable. Wouldn't work. My internet wasn't fast enough. I needed some other dealie. I just wasn't quit tech savvy enough to take advantage of it. I liked the convenience of cable. I knew that if I turned it on to that channel, that channel would work. I was like " I will gladly pay because I don't want to miss Iowa games" ....now fast forward to a year in streaming (legally) and I have people say "hey, get this link - you have to go there, wait 10 minutes, do the hokey pokey, disable cookies, clear your history and click "stay here" every time it asks...then you should be able to watch the Iowa scrimmage tonight for free at that link"...... meh, no thanks, I'll just pay $10.

The streams are so much better than they were a couple years ago and way better than 5+ years ago. Reliable internet is a must as well. I have fiber, and it is reliable and fast, and I have no issues streaming. I was at a friends last night and he has Youtube TV, but he has 7 Mbps internet speed and his Youtube TV stream was awful. If that was my choice, or pay $150 a month to satellite I would still be paying $150 a month.

Just signed up for the BTN plus. Excited to even see a scrimmage. I've never used this before. Can I just stream it to the TV from Fox sports app? I have playstation vue and chromecast if needed.

Also, what time is the game on tonight? Can't find it. Thanks.

Just signed up for the BTN plus. Excited to even see a scrimmage. I've never used this before. Can I just stream it to the TV from Fox sports app? I have playstation vue and chromecast if needed.

Also, what time is the game on tonight? Can't find it. Thanks.

I haven't looked around on the app yet, but the BTN website did say that you use the Fox Sports app to stream it.

I think when I buy Big Ten Network, they have the rights to a game, yet they decide not to put it on what I already paid for, instead making me pay more for something else, that's stealing from me. They can eff off and I have no problem stealing back. If something is on ESPN3 and you have ESPN, it's free isnt it? Same thing. All that said, I'm gunna pay for it.

I think when I buy Big Ten Network, they have the rights to a game, yet they decide not to put it on what I already paid for, instead making me pay more for something else, that's stealing from me. They can eff off and I have no problem stealing back. If something is on ESPN3 and you have ESPN, it's free isnt it? Same thing. All that said, I'm gunna pay for it.

LOL, just like I've been saying, it seems people will tell themselves about anything to justify them stealing something.

LOL, just like I've been saying, it seems people will tell themselves about anything to justify them stealing something.

Well sure. Just like every other subject in life, there are people at both extremes of the spectrum and people in the middle. You're on one extreme and I'm somewhere between the middle and you're extreme. It really runs me wrong that I already pay for their channel but they charge me more for a shittier product. I'll still pay it, but only out of convenience. I'd have no problem stealing it if it was just as easy. And this is coming from a guy who stole a toy out of a sandbox on the walk home from school, then returned it a couple days later I felt so bad.

I plan on just shelling out the $10 for the 1 shitty camera and minor league broadcasters. I'm actually sorta grateful they even bother to live stream an exhibition game so feel like its worth the 10 bucks to hopefully encourage them to keep doing it.
Hey, I'm the one calling the game and running that one camera, so suck it and enjoy my superior broadcasting skills

Game is at 7. Figured out how to get on tv btn plus app. Hopefully that is the best way to do it.

Since this thread is now about stealing I’ll add my thoughts. I’ll pay the money and not like that I have to pay for it.

I completely get the idea of too many people wanting to take the free route. This is $10. Your life won’t change by paying it. I don’t like the idea of people getting to pick and choose when something is stealing or not. I’ve paid money to a lot of places or establishments over the years that doesn’t justify me getting something for free unless the owner wants to provide it to me.

If someone screws up a bill at a bar or restaurant in my favor. I correct it. This would be a situation I’m ok with others making their own call, but I look at both situations the same. The size of the company or business owner isn’t relevant to me.

That said, I’m sure I’ve taken advantage of things in the past without thinking this way. I’m far from perfect. That is how I try to look at currently and in the future.

Go Hawks! I’m excited to see these new faces.

Well sure. Just like every other subject in life, there are people at both extremes of the spectrum and people in the middle. You're on one extreme and I'm somewhere between the middle and you're extreme. It really runs me wrong that I already pay for their channel but they charge me more for a shittier product. I'll still pay it, but only out of convenience. I'd have no problem stealing it if it was just as easy. And this is coming from a guy who stole a toy out of a sandbox on the walk home from school, then returned it a couple days later I felt so bad.

Its funny that you think "the middle ground" is stealing is ok as long as you think you SHOULD have been getting something, but didn't. Do you go to restaurants and if they don't include a salad and two sides with the entre feel it's ok to go to the kitchen and help yourself? I mean that is the "reasonable middle ground" right?

Its funny that you think "the middle ground" is stealing is ok as long as you think you SHOULD have been getting something, but didn't. Do you go to restaurants and if they don't include a salad and two sides with the entre feel it's ok to go to the kitchen and help yourself? I mean that is the "reasonable middle ground" right?

Nope. It's more convenient to just pay for it and have them bring it to me.

I'm sure you can find it on reddit. I just paid the $10 this morning, and will stream it legally. Looks like this year the only BTN+ games are the one tonight and Oral Roberts.

Just a heads up for those who do sign up for BTN+, they now let you uncheck the Automatically renew your subscription. So you don't have to worry about remembering to cancel it.

Do you have to pay extra for Oral Roberts? It sounds kind of expensive.

Latest posts