*******SUPER OFFICIAL IOWA VS GARDNER WEBB THREAD*****************

Wow. I thought this would be test for Iowa. Fran will ream at the half and this will go down to the wire.

I gotta give you props CC. I thought you were mental when you posted this. I was about to actually give you some flak for it when you said it, now I'm glad that I didn't.

The plus is, the first half happened last year, vs Campbell and we lost (obviously). Tonight we win. I hope that means something.

People keep saying things like this, and I don't agree. The fact that we are better than we were at this point last year is not encouraging. We are a team that is trying to be competitive in the top league in the country. we cannot have games where we come out flatter than day old soda against mediocre competition.

There is no reason we should be putting up 18 points in the first half against a Big South team at home unless the coaching staff failed to prepare the team, or the players assumed they would win just by walking on the court.

People keep saying things like this, and I don't agree. The fact that we are better than we were at this point last year is not encouraging. We are a team that is trying to be competitive in the top league in the country. we cannot have games where we come out flatter than day old soda against mediocre competition.

There is no reason we should be putting up 18 points in the first half against a Big South team at home unless the coaching staff failed to prepare the team, or the players assumed they would win just by walking on the court.

Bad games happen. You can only hope the team learns something that they can take with them through the rest of the year.

They suck. That's what I'm going to go with. Iowa was not prepared to play tonight. Only Greg Davis would look at Fran's initial game plan and approve.

I'll be honest, I only got to see the game from about the 16 minute mark. Wifi at the hotel really sucks.

They suck. That's what I'm going to go with. Iowa was not prepared to play tonight. Only Greg Davis would look at Fran's initial game plan and approve.

Fran's gameplan was for no one to make shots in the first half?

#stillmadfrantrolledhim

My "I hope that means something" was not really meant with any implication that it does. Most of this season we have struggled to score against some bad teams and that is majorly scary to me.

It took a 23 point deficit for us to finally realize that we can attack this smaller, less talented teams at will. I hope they continue to do this.

I gotta give you props CC. I thought you were mental when you posted this. I was about to actually give you some flak for it when you said it, now I'm glad that I didn't.
Thanks man. I am impressed that the Hawks came back and won. Great early season test. GW is not a bad team.

It only took 20 minutes to figure out we could use our size to our advantage and only 27 minutes for Oglesby to listen to Casey and shoot without fading away. Once he did that we took it to them.

My "I hope that means something" was not really meant with any implication that it does. Most of this season we have struggled to score against some bad teams and that is majorly scary to me.

It took a 23 point deficit for us to finally realize that we can attack this smaller, less talented teams at will. I hope they continue to do this.

All season long, St. Francis has let the opposition set the tempo with their defense, rather than utilizing our strength on the offensive side.

I think. I dunno. I just cashed my second Marg and I also jkhasdfhskdgfjkhgfdlskfhgt....

Latest posts