*******SUPER OFFICIAL IOWA VS GARDNER WEBB THREAD*****************

Positives...nice comeback. Kept trying 3's even though dismal in 1st 1/2.

Great guard movement in 2nd half.

Nice forward play.

Neg....how that bad in first half?

Still need a post presence.

Just play 2 halves of basketball and you don't have that problem. Great 2nd half, but can't dig yourself a 20+ point hole every game and expect to come back.

The good thing about these close games in OOC, is the good teaching moments and will keep these guys grounded.

The plus is, the first half happened last year, vs Campbell and we lost (obviously). Tonight we win. I hope that means something.

Poor guy.. you saw that in person?

Really thou, it wasn't that bad. Great media food spread, nice press box, and we all knew Iowa would lose. Plus, it was my last football game to cover, so it was actually pretty nice. I've been ready to wash my hands of the football team for weeks now.

Imagine if we weren't playing a team who is on their 3rd game in 4 days?

Yup. Like I said, not all of our opponents are going to be GW. This team needs to come ready to play 40 minutes. But I'm encouraged by the ability to make a big comeback, even if I'm disturbed by the fact the team was in that position to begin with. I'm not sure they would've come back from down 20 last year. Campbell?

Really thou, it wasn't that bad. Great media food spread, nice press box, and we all knew Iowa would lose. Plus, it was my last football game to cover, so it was actually pretty nice. I've been ready to wash my hands of the football team for weeks now.

thats the way to view it youngin' way to enjoy it....

Latest posts