Sunday Numbers

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
351: Days since Iowa's last loss (at Illinois, by three)
16: Number of wins in Iowa's last 20 games
15: Number of wins for Rick Stanzi as a starting QB at Iowa (15-3)
11: Number of consecutive wins for Iowa, 2nd best streak in the nation
18: DJK is now 18th all time at Iowa in receiving yards, and has a shot at Dwight's record
22: Turnovers Iowa has forced this year, 2nd to Ohio's 23 in the nation
1: Ranking for Iowa in interceptions nationally
16: Also the number for Iowa's national score defense ranking this week
24: My key number for this offense; score 24 and no pick sixes, Iowa won't lose

i agree with your last point on scoring 24 and we win. it seems like Rick played a great game and was focused on not throwing an interception. if he continues to make progress, we will be tough to beat!

Jon - let's play Hypothesis Contrary To Fact, just for fun. Let's say Jewel Hampton had been our injury-free starter at tailback the entire season. Would this team be a "better" 7 - 0 team, or would our game results thus far be about the same? I ask this because of the 24-points- to-win concept. Personally, I think we'd be a more high-scoring squad with Jewel , and for two reasons. 1 - with his game experience and growth/development in strength and conditioning, he'd likely be playing at a somewhat higher level than A-Rob and Wegher. 2. With Jewel's playmaking ability, we could very well have been in better situations of field position and down-and - distance, creating easier opportunities for Stanzi to make plays and cut down on costly mistakes, i.e. pick 6's...just some thoughts I've been chewing on. But don't get me wrong - I'm generally pleased with the effort of both our tailbacks. I like the fact that they hold onto the ball VERY well. Having this kind of turnover margin through 7 games is a HUGE reason why we're undefeated...