Sunday Bowl Blog Update: Links, Hawks & Huskers

The same lower-tier bowl in which ISU beat Minnesota last year.
Tuesday night/work night. If you go, it's basically going to cost you three days of vacation.
10 PM EST start time.
Cheap airline tickets already purchased by Christmas travelers.

Ugh.

Double Ugh.

An Iowa vs. Nebby matchup would certainly get the fan base out of whatever funk they find themselves in. Hopefully, the players and coaches will find their "will to win."

The same lower-tier bowl in which ISU beat Minnesota last year.
Tuesday night/work night. If you go, it's basically going to cost you three days of vacation.
10 PM EST start time.
Cheap airline tickets already purchased by Christmas travelers.

Ugh.

Double Ugh.

Two things changed....the Insight moved up in the bowl slotting process from last season and the game is no longer on the NFL Network.

It will be sold out if we play Nebraska. Both fan bases will travel very very well.

As 20 said, this is a 'different' Insight bowl than in the past. From a payout perspective, its drastically different. The TV as 20 pointed out, drastically different. It's move up the Big Ten pecking order, different. It's basically on the same ground as the Alamo used to be but with a much larger payout...and every other year, it gets to pick ahead of the Gator Bowl in the Big 10.

It has also moved up to the 4rd slot in the B12, behind the Fiesta, Cotton and Alamo and ahead of the Holiday.

As 20 said, this is a 'different' Insight bowl than in the past. From a payout perspective, its drastically different. The TV as 20 pointed out, drastically different. It's move up the Big Ten pecking order, different. It's basically on the same ground as the Alamo used to be but with a much larger payout...and every other year, it gets to pick ahead of the Gator Bowl in the Big 10.

It has also moved up to the 4rd slot in the B12, behind the Fiesta, Cotton and Alamo and ahead of the Holiday.

Is that a darn proud Stivers 4rd?

:)

Yeah... it's SO much better than the piece of #### bowl that it was last year when ISU went there.

I mean... it's practically a BCS Bowl now, since Iowa's going there. Whatever.

You guys are being picked behind Wisky, OSU, MSU, Penn St, and Michigan. You're essentially sixth in the Big 10. Congrats.

From National Title hopes, according to Jon, to the Insight Bowl. But of course, now you will all be propping up this bowl to make it out like you're going to Pasadena.

Yeah... it's SO much better than the piece of #### bowl that it was last year when ISU went there.

You guys are being picked behind Wisky, OSU, MSU, Penn St, and Michigan. You're essentially sixth in the Big 10. Congrats.

From National Title hopes, according to Jon, to the Insight Bowl. But of course, now you will all be propping up this bowl to make it out like you're going to Pasadena.

Awww little brother has no bowl game to discuss, so he has to come talk smack here.

Bet you wish the Cyclones were playing in the Insight Bowl this year...or I guess any bowl for that matter...congrats on a sizzling 5 win season

I didn't realize this used to be the Copper Bowl.

I'd like to make a rule that you can only sponsor the bowl, but not have the bowl named after your company.

Back to Capitol One Citrus Bowl, Insight Copper Bowl etc...

Funny how Hawk fans spin the Insight Bowl when they may go to it. KARMA anyone?

It is what it is, and its a lower tier bowl game. No denying that. However, its not the same bowl game it was a year ago, as its moved up in both the B12 and B10 pecking order, and the payout is better, and its on a network people can actually see, so it wont be the lowest or second lowest rated bowl game of the bowl season, like it was a year ago

Bet you wish the Cyclones were playing in the Insight Bowl this year...or I guess any bowl for that matter...congrats on a sizzling 5 win season
A) We had the number one schedule in the country.
B) Both teams were a dropped touchdown pass away from being 6-6 (ISU/NU) (Iowa/Indiana), just saying for a season that I had to listen to rediculous NC predictions by Jon on KXNO, amazing karma that Iowa now play is the same "worthless" bowl ISU did last season and he is spinning this off as the second BCS game in AZ this season.

I'm not going to bother checking, but I'm guessing you all ready started a thread about this on your own board.

It is what it is, and its a lower tier bowl game. No denying that. However, its not the same bowl game it was a year ago, as its moved up in both the B12 and B10 pecking order, and the payout is better, and its on a network people can actually see, so it wont be the lowest or second lowest rated bowl game of the bowl season, like it was a year ago
LOL, just saying you destroyed this bowl game last season now its the second coming of the BCS NC? Trust me I listened to you and Deace everyday, I know what you said about this "Toilet Bowl". Just saying.

B) Both teams were a dropped touchdown pass away from being 6-6 (ISU/NU) (Iowa/Indiana), just saying for a season that I had to listen to rediculous NC predictions by Jon on KXNO, amazing karma that Iowa now play is the same "worthless" bowl ISU did last season and he is spinning this off as the second BCS game in AZ this season.

The reading comprehension skillz are not strong with this one.

How is he spinning this into the second BCS game? He gave you facts.

The fact remains that Iowa had a horrible let down this year and we are still going to a decent bowl game. ISU had a good year and is still staying home. Good luck in basketball.

LOL, just saying you destroyed this bowl game last season now its the second coming of the BCS NC? Trust me I listened to you and Deace everyday, I know what you said about this "Toilet Bowl". Just saying.

Example #2.

In your mind, NFL Network > ESPN, and ISU/Minnesota > Iowa/Nebraska. That about sum it up?

No, did not destroy this bowl game and did not call it the Toilet Bowl. Why would we do that? ISU was 6-6 in year one of the Rhoads era and it was great for them to make it to any bowl game. We talked about it being on the NFL network, and how that stunk, and how the ratings for it stunk, because of that.

But you are making things up to fit your hate. Not the first or last time that will happen, but it is what it is.

No Iowa fan is jumping up and down saying 'YES! We may be going to the Insight Bowl!'

It is what it is this year, a disappointing season. But if its a bowl game against Nebraska, that puts some lipstick on the pig. And the facts show its a different level of bowl game than it was a year ago from payout, its moving up in the pecking order in each conference, that its on a national cable network now, etc.

So Iowa and Nebraska could play in a bowl game against each other, a game they never wanted to play in before the season started...but those 15 bowl practices and development for the future, you can't put a price tag on that.

Latest posts