Suggestions, issues, etc, post them here

My 2 cents....

-definitely want the 'betting' page equivalent of Cy bookie

-I liked the 'in thread navigation' set up from the scout board
I tend to just go from thread to thread without going back to the individual form, liked a links at the top and bottom of each page both to next/previous page of the thread as well as next/previous topic and 'back to forum'

-any chance you can set up a 'club house' type forum where instead of using paying subscriber as the ticket to admission you make it 'invitation only'
you and your moderators (potentially even eventually 'senior members') invite posters based on their contributions to the open forums whether that be inside information or well thought/ knowledgeable discussion
as a subscriber to the Scout site I spend 95% of my time in the clubhouse there and since you opened this site I have heard many of the 'familiar names' over there say they intend to stay there because it keeps them from having to mingle with the trolls so to speak.
the advantage I see to it is that it may entice some of the best Hawkeye fans to spend more on your sites and it may inspire posters to 'strive for more' to be considered worthy of an invite to the 'private club'

just my thoughts

There is link to link navigation...look at the lower portion of each page, under where you can make a quick reply.

I am assuming you are talking about below the posts...and that is something we will address

Great site, but yes, there is too much white and light space that makes reading this board rather unpleasant. Great material, just not real easy to navigate. You need some contrast. See this MSU board as a good alternative

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/msu-red-cedar-message-board/

Maybe switch the yellow thread font to black. And enlarge the font to appear a little bigger.

Each day you've been posting a Hawkeye Newsstand where there are a bunch of links to all things Hawkeyes. It might be a good idea to sticky that every day...then delete it (or whatever else you've been doing with old ones) when that day is over. It'd be easier to find if it was always at the top of one of the pages.

Just a thought...

Oh, and what's the difference between the Iowa Football forum and the Hawkeye Football forum? Is the Iowa forum referring to the state of Iowa, meaning all Iowa colleges, or is it referring to the U of I, in which case there's a bit of redundancy in the forum list.

Jon-

Any new information on an equivalent to CyBookie for this site? Any chance we can get this implemented before football season? I think it would be a fun feature that would drive more readership.

"Thread Tools," "Search this tread," reputation, etc. don't work for me in Google Chrome (I use Firefox most of the time, but I just thought I'd point it out).

I see there is a rate this thread but it doesn't seem it ever shows up on the thread selection page.

Also would it nice to be easier to rate individual post and leaving feedback.

Some other sites I go to will have someone dedicated to posting daily links that are off topic, news worthy, or just funny. Seems to be a good way of adding a consistent boost in traffic.

A tab at the top for schedules and rosters with unique player bio/evaluations would be nice too.

An idea I had was to add the ability to "Like" a post, similar to what can be done on Facebook. Then, people could simply "Like" a post instead of replying to it with "+1" or "+1000" or other annoying things like that.

Why am I having difficulty uploading new avatar photos? I keep getting "unable to upload file" message.

Make it mandatory when people leave comments in one's "reputation" that they a.) have to indicate their user name and b.) what post they're refering to.

Latest posts