Suggestion for Fran.........future related

Yes but to some on this board it doesn't matter cause they are in the wee little valley. My guess is in a poll of Big Ten coaches they'd rather face Iowa than UNI right now. By the way, I wasn't comparing Morgan/Lohaus/Bohannan to 2 starters and a Senior. I only compared them to the players we brought in. And over those guys, yes, I would rather have these guys. I think Morgan has a great basketball body and will be a great player.
Interesting thread guys, seems like many just knock mid-majors no matter what the eyes tell us who is a good ballplayer. Many would love to be where UNI is right now ranked and playing well, while others just discredit pretty much everything they've done.

Did you even look at their schedule before spouting off? It's absolute garbage. Sorry but the Valley is total garbage this year? Please point to which team Iowa would've lost to on their schedule. Exactly. Now ask yourself if UNI would be 19-2 with Iowa schedule. Exactly. Believe it or not, I know it's hard for a lot of you, that the quality of teams you play night in and night out has a bearing on your record. Iowa plays teams like Texas, Syracuse, UNC, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State while UNI gets to play Drake, Bradford, Indiana state, Evansville. But I guess those teams are pretty much equal competition, right?

Last edited:
Aren't the baskets still 10 feet high in the missouri valley? Iowa's guards would NOT Excel in the missouri valley at all. This is the worst group of guards i can ever remember at iowa. that is just the facts

Is indiana State as good as Ohio State? There's your answer. This is just facts.

No one ever said they were! You said UNI would be on the bottom half of the BIG which is ridiculous! As good as the BIG has been the past 2-3 years it is pretty dang down right now.

Ok troll. UNI beat a crappy Iowa team, who is in....wait for it.....the bottom half of the B1G, on a neutral court where, even as bad as we are, shot our WORST % of the year, by a few buckets. Yeah I'm pretty confident in saying that if UNI had Iowa's schedule they would be in the bottom half of the conference. Please refute, troll. Though I'm sure it will be more trolling.

There's no denying that the Valley is bad but some of you guys not giving a top 20 team that beat us head to head any respect is pretty a silly.

UNI is a good team. They are a legit top 25 team no matter how weak the conference they play in. They would not be a bottom feeder on the major conference as I have 0 doubt they are a better team than the hawks and were a middle of the pack team.

There's no denying that the Valley is bad but some of you guys not giving a top 20 team that beat us head to head any respect is pretty a silly.

UNI is a good team. They are a legit top 25 team no matter how weak the conference they play in. They would not be a bottom feeder on the major conference as I have 0 doubt they are a better team than the hawks and were a middle of the pack team.

Just as silly to think that UNI would be 20-2 (9-1) in the meat grinder of the BIG. I respect your b-ball knowledge, but I couldn't disagree more on this one.

Just as silly to think that UNI would be 20-2 (9-1) in the meat grinder of the BIG. I respect your b-ball knowledge, but I couldn't disagree more on this one.

Never did I say they would have the same record. They would have more losses playing a tougher schedule but they would also have more respect playing a tougher schedule.

My point still stands... This UNI team is a legit top 25 team in the country.

Never did I say they would have the same record. They would have more losses playing a tougher schedule but they would also have more respect playing a tougher schedule.

My point still stands... This UNI team is a legit top 25 team in the country.

Fair enough.....If things play out as is does the committee give them "respect" by giving them a top 4 seed? Put Iowa in the Valley where are they at?

Did you even look at their schedule before spouting off? It's absolute garbage. Sorry but the Valley is total garbage this year? Please point to which team Iowa would've lost to on their schedule. Exactly. Now ask yourself if UNI would be 19-2 with Iowa schedule. Exactly. Believe it or not, I know it's hard for a lot of you, that the quality of teams you play night in and night out has a bearing on your record. Iowa plays teams like Texas, Syracuse, UNC, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State while UNI gets to play Drake, Bradford, Indiana state, Evansville. But I guess those teams are pretty much equal competition, right?

Not quite sure what this has to do with my original point of the guys we brought in this year are not clearly better than guys we let walk from down the road. I do not recall saying UNI would be 19-2 in the Big Ten or with Iowa's schedule, did I? I did say they are a darn good team no matter what league they play in. Ranked in the top 15 by tomorrow most likely so I'm guessing I'm not alone in that analysis?

Not quite sure what this has to do with my original point of the guys we brought in this year are not clearly better than guys we let walk from down the road. I do not recall saying UNI would be 19-2 in the Big Ten or with Iowa's schedule, did I? I did say they are a darn good team no matter what league they play in. Ranked in the top 15 by tomorrow most likely so I'm guessing I'm not alone in that analysis?

Almost any team in the B1G would look good if they were in the Valley. The point is your hard on for UNI is ridiculous given they've played crap teams all year. Do you get it yet? Pretty easy to be ranked 15th when you play no one and the next best team in your league is 11-11. Is it REALLY that hard to comprehend? UNI would not even likely be ranked if they were in the B1G. Jfc I hope you're trolling.

Almost any team in the B1G would look good if they were in the Valley. The point is your hard on for UNI is ridiculous given they've played crap teams all year. Do you get it yet? Pretty easy to be ranked 15th when you play no one and the next best team in your league is 11-11. Is it REALLY that hard to comprehend? UNI would not even likely be ranked if they were in the B1G. Jfc I hope you're trolling.

Easy to be ranked 15th? Hmm, Ok. Well, was trying to enjoy a reasonable sports discussion but if one doesn't agree with you it makes them a troll I guess.

I think WSU is good but using last year to support your argument fails. Unless you don't have seniors it doesn't matter. They probably have players from last year but that doesn't mean they'll be successful the next year.

My point was of course the Valley is not close to the level of the B1G top to bottom but the best of the Valley doesn't have to take a back seat to the B1G.

As evidenced by Wichita's last second loss to the eventual runner-up Kentucky in last year's tournament AND their Final Four appearance the previous year.

Who did they beat in their elite 8 game? That's right, Ohio St who happened to finish second in the conference and won the conference tournament.

SheagleHawk said UNI would finish at the bottom of the B1G this year. Ridiculous. Back in 2013 he probably would have said the same thing about Wichita St.

I for one will be excited to see UNI advance to the Big Dance and will follow them.

Why?

Because they play exciting, tough basketball and are extremely well-coached. And the added bonus? They are getting it done with some Iowa kids playing key roles.

So you can't be a fan of quality basketball just because they don't wear black and gold? You guys need to get over yourselves. It's a good story and good for the state.

Last edited:
Ok troll. UNI beat a crappy Iowa team, who is in....wait for it.....the bottom half of the B1G, on a neutral court where, even as bad as we are, shot our WORST % of the year, by a few buckets. Yeah I'm pretty confident in saying that if UNI had Iowa's schedule they would be in the bottom half of the conference. Please refute, troll. Though I'm sure it will be more trolling.

Yeah I'm sure UNI being a tremendous defensive team had nothing to do with you guys shooting a poor percentage. You are downright clueless my goodness. Give credit where it is due UNI is a top 15 team in the country.

I wish Iowa could play Drake, Indiana State, Missouri State, Bradley, etc. twice a year and then have one big home game to prep for. UNI played like garbage in that comeback win last week. You just can’t get away with that in the B1G, B12, or ACC. Let’s see how good their defense looks after playing @Wisc, @Purdue, Wisc, @Mich, MD in a 2 week span.

Is indiana State as good as Ohio State? There's your answer. This is just facts.

Who cares about indiana state and ohio state? I am simply stating our guards are not very good as a group. Am i happy about that? NO! I would not take any of our guards over UNI's guards. This is simply poor recruiting. I have not seen a major college team this year where I felt we had better guards than. If you can name 1, i would like to hear it. Gesell is our best guard, and he's really a backup point guard at best on a major college team.

Latest posts