Suggestion for Fran.........future related

Lohaus, Morgan and Bohanon all were pretty much invisible against Wichita St. We don't need mid major type guards, we already have those.

I think everyone agrees we need some studs. My point was I would rather have these guys over what we brought in. If Fran isn't able to get big time talent, at least don't pass over guys down the street, sons of Hawkeye Legends, to bring in out of state guys less talented. It has to be insulting to them. I'm more careful knocking "mid-major" talent now than 10 years ago too. The talent gap has closed big time with good players all over. That Mid-Major talent has taken it to the Hawks on the basketball court and on the football field in recent years so us Hawk fans don't have a lot of room to talk.

UNI absolutely dominated the two BIG teams they played this year (iowa and NW) both on neutral courts yet they'd be "in the bottom of the BIG." Yeah you have zero clue what you're talking about. They are going to be a top 15 team in the nation. I for one would take them to finish 3rd in the BIG behind wisky and maryland.

C'mon dude you can't be serious. Take your troll act over to CF.

I think everyone agrees we need some studs. My point was I would rather have these guys over what we brought in. If Fran isn't able to get big time talent, at least don't pass over guys down the street, sons of Hawkeye Legends, to bring in out of state guys less talented. It has to be insulting to them. I'm more careful knocking "mid-major" talent now than 10 years ago too. The talent gap has closed big time with good players all over. That Mid-Major talent has taken it to the Hawks on the basketball court and on the football field in recent years so us Hawk fans don't have a lot of room to talk.

Why? Those guys wouldn't make us any better and fans would be ******** that Fran needs to stop recruiting Iowa kids. UNI is good because of Tuttle and to a much lesser degree Washpun. Bohanon, Morgan and Lohaus are just guys, nothing special at all and they wouldn't help Iowa move up in the B10 at all.

I think many are forgetting that the leagues are not even close to comparable. I would wager Iowa would be ranked right now we're they in the Valley. For God's sakes the 3rd place team in the Valley is 11-11. That's beyond awful. 1 game behind mighty UNI. Apples and oranges.

UNI would be at the bottom of the conference in the ACC, B1G, or Big12 these are the quotes of a frustrated Iowa fan! UNI has a very good team and will be in the tournament. They are very well coached!

Obviously the Valley isn't top to bottom good but Wichita St was a missed three-point shot away from beating Kentucky in the tournament last year.
I think WSU is good but using last year to support your argument fails. Unless you don't have seniors it doesn't matter. They probably have players from last year but that doesn't mean they'll be successful the next year.

No, they have junior and senior laden teams loaded with experience, develop chemistry with each other over time, they just ending up knowing how to play. If you think that same process is easy in the meat grinder of a power 5 conference, you are f'in crazy.

As for Iowa getting repeatedly worked by Mid-Majors that is clearly an indictment on the respective coaching staffs.

No, they have junior and senior laden teams loaded with experience, develop chemistry with each other over time, they just ending up knowing how to play. If you think that same process is easy in the meat grinder of a power 5 conference, you are f'in crazy.

As for Iowa getting repeatedly worked by Mid-Majors that is clearly an indictment on the respective coaching staffs.

Just curious why it can't be that way in a power 5 conference? Honestly wondering your thoughts. Obviously Wisconsin's team this year is loaded, but many years before this they haven't exactly been full of lottery picks and have been successful with the strategy you just mentioned no?

UNI would be at the bottom of the conference in the ACC, B1G, or Big12 these are the quotes of a frustrated Iowa fan! UNI has a very good team and will be in the tournament. They are very well coached!

You really think Jok, Olgesby, and Gesell wouldn't excel in the Missouri Valley?

Just curious why it can't be that way in a power 5 conference? Honestly wondering your thoughts. Obviously Wisconsin's team this year is loaded, but many years before this they haven't exactly been full of lottery picks and have been successful with the strategy you just mentioned no?

I dunno, Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan are/were really good coaches.

Yes, you could swap them out for Bohannon, Lohaus and Morgan.

Those guys you listed are role players. They aren't exceling. I would say van fleet and baker and washpun and Mitchell are excelling. Quite frankly that "mid major" matchup featured four guards of the caliber iowa just does not have right now.

Those guys you listed are role players. They aren't exceling. I would say van fleet and baker and washpun and Mitchell are excelling. Quite frankly that "mid major" matchup featured four guards of the caliber iowa just does not have right now.

Really not going to do this with you, bro. Bottom line, targeting and bringing in "mid-major" guards doesn't help Iowa. You of all people should know this, would any of these guys have a role with ISU, right now? We both know the answer to that please move along.

Yes but to some on this board it doesn't matter cause they are in the wee little valley. My guess is in a poll of Big Ten coaches they'd rather face Iowa than UNI right now. By the way, I wasn't comparing Morgan/Lohaus/Bohannan to 2 starters and a Senior. I only compared them to the players we brought in. And over those guys, yes, I would rather have these guys. I think Morgan has a great basketball body and will be a great player.
Interesting thread guys, seems like many just knock mid-majors no matter what the eyes tell us who is a good ballplayer. Many would love to be where UNI is right now ranked and playing well, while others just discredit pretty much everything they've done.

Get a Bohannon. You may have heard of this family.
They tend to be shooters, from range.

There's one currently shooting 3's for UNI

And there's a younger one, hitting a lot of 3's at LinnMar

Your team needs shooters, desperately.

Go get the Linn Mar Bohanon, before he's shooting 3' at another school.

This Hoops recruiting isn't really as difficult as.........well.......

I agree. right now, we don't have a guard who could play at UNI! What a joke! Right now i would say Fran has 1 more year to turn it around

You really think Jok, Olgesby, and Gesell wouldn't excel in the Missouri Valley?

Aren't the baskets still 10 feet high in the missouri valley? Iowa's guards would NOT Excel in the missouri valley at all. This is the worst group of guards i can ever remember at iowa. that is just the facts

Latest posts