Suggestion for Fran.........future related

Get a Bohannon. You may have heard of this family.
They tend to be shooters, from range.

There's one currently shooting 3's for UNI

And there's a younger one, hitting a lot of 3's at LinnMar

Your team needs shooters, desperately.

Go get the Linn Mar Bohanon, before he's shooting 3' at another school.

This Hoops recruiting isn't really as difficult as.........well.......

Was just about ready to start a similar thread. I find it interesting Lohaus and Morgan are giving good minutes for a ranked team but yet couldn't get an offer from an average Iowa team. The reason this is a head scratcher is that we basically took Ellingson and Dickerson over either of these two guys. I know there have been people on here dogging Lohaus and Morgan, but do these people really think Dickerson and Ellingson are better? Add to this that Washpun is far superior to any guard we have it is pretty frustrating. I'd guess that had we gone after him after he transferred from Tenn we would have had a great chance with him. Maybe I'm missing something. Just frustrating.
I understand those who say none of these guys are superstars, but compared to what we recruited in place of them my confidence in Fran is wavering right now.

Come on...our backcourt is awful, but Lohaus and Morgan would get eaten alive in a major conference; even a mediocre B1G. Our problem right now is Fran already has too many guys like them. UNI would be at the bottom of the conference in the ACC, B1G, or Big12

Oglesby was ranked a 91 on ESPN. Jok Was ranked highly, too. Those high rankings were by numerous experts. Both were supposed to be badass shooters. That hasnt materialized. Poop happens. Bad luck there....

Lohaus & Morgan were ranked in the 60s. They turned out good. Great luck there.

The experts & their rankings are obviously not always right. But it is a good gauge more often than not.

At least these guys stayed in-state. Good for UNI!

Come on...our backcourt is awful, but Lohaus and Morgan would get eaten alive in a major conference; even a mediocre B1G. Our problem right now is Fran already has too many guys like them. UNI would be at the bottom of the conference in the ACC, B1G, or Big12

Very odd. So UNI already beat us and if we played again that would beat us worse. So we are at .500 in the conference, but they would be at the bottom?

They actually ATTACK the basket and FINISH. They can SHOOT from outside. They have DEPTH. They play DEFENSE like only we can dream of. AND they have a real GAMER for a coach.

We beat Wisconsin ZERO out of 10 times. I would bet this current UNI team could possibIy win 3. Two similar styles. They would be very competitive and hard fought. Us, not so much.

Last edited:
I think many are forgetting that the leagues are not even close to comparable. I would wager Iowa would be ranked right now we're they in the Valley. For God's sakes the 3rd place team in the Valley is 11-11. That's beyond awful. 1 game behind mighty UNI. Apples and oranges.

Very odd. So UNI already beat us and if we played again that would beat us worse. So we are at .500 in the conference, but they would be at the bottom?

They actually ATTACK the basket and FINISH. They can shoot from outside. They have depth. They play defense like only we can dream of. AND they have a real GAMER for a coach.

We beat Wisconsin ZERO out of 10 times. I would bet this current UNI team could possibIy win 3. Two similar styles. They would be very competitive and hard fought. Us, not so much.

Are you high??? Seriously. Wisconsin waxes these guys 10 out 10 times. Hayes, Decker Kaminski...... I can't even finish. You're crazy.

I think many are forgetting that the leagues are not even close to comparable. I would wager Iowa would be ranked right now we're they in the Valley. For God's sakes the 3rd place team in the Valley is 11-11. That's beyond awful. 1 game behind mighty UNI. Apples and oranges.

Obviously the Valley isn't top to bottom good but Wichita St was a missed three-point shot away from beating Kentucky in the tournament last year.

Are you high??? Seriously. Wisconsin waxes these guys 10 out 10 times. Hayes, Decker Kaminski...... I can't even finish. You're crazy.

Actually you might be the crazy one, and don't know a lot about basketball to boot.

If you can shoot and play nasty defense you can be in most every game.

You really believe Iowa has more talent than UNI? For one thing, I would rather take my chances with Tuttle matched up against Kaminski than anyone we have.

Obviously the Valley isn't top to bottom good but Wichita St was a missed three-point shot away from beating Kentucky in the tournament last year.

LAST year, and as Iowa knows all to well, anything can happen in the tournament. Wichita State was 4pts away from losing to a 6 win Drake team last week.

Actually you might be the crazy one, and don't know a lot about basketball to boot.

If you can shoot and play nasty defense you can be in most every game.

You really believe Iowa has more talent than UNI? For one thing, I would rather take my chances with Tuttle matched up against Kaminski than anyone we have.

Lulz...ok. Coming from the guy using another team's score from last year tournament game. Truly good stuff. Keep it coming.

Oh really? They seem to be holding their own with a Final Four team from last year. And I recall UNI manhandling Iowa, a big bad Big Ten Team. Don't watch the game and how good this team is, just make assumptions. I said they wouldn't be superstars, my point was we took two guys who aren't even playing over them. By all means I'd take a stud over them, but would take them both over Ellingson or Dickerson right now for sure.
I'd say at this point Coach Jacobson got the better end of this deal.

They actually ATTACK the basket and FINISH. They can SHOOT from outside. They have DEPTH. They play DEFENSE like only we can dream of. AND they have a real GAMER for a coach.

Don't forget toughness! :) Some on this board would rather stereotype the mid-majors instead of just admitting it is some dang good basketball they are playing with solid players all around. I GUARANTEE you none of these vaunted Big Ten/Big 12 teams want to draw them in the tourney.

Get a clue! Wow the stupidity.

Lohaus, Morgan and Bohanon all were pretty much invisible against Wichita St. We don't need mid major type guards, we already have those.

UNI absolutely dominated the two BIG teams they played this year (iowa and NW) both on neutral courts yet they'd be "in the bottom of the BIG." Yeah you have zero clue what you're talking about. They are going to be a top 15 team in the nation. I for one would take them to finish 3rd in the BIG behind wisky and maryland.

Latest posts