Stupid Rule

MisterLucky

When a team picks up a penalty, like they did on the onside kick, it just shouldn't work in their favor.

I thought so too Lucky... but a delay of game penalty, in essence means the play never happened to begin with... I guess. But I still think they should have been made to use a holder on the second onside kick attempt.:confused:

I thought so too Lucky... but a delay of game penalty, in essence means the play never happened to begin with... I guess. But I still think they should have been made to use a holder on the second onside kick attempt.:confused:

They did use a holder on the second onside kick.

On the post game KF was saying that the review close to the end was reviewing the QB and if he crossed the line. He said the refs told him they can have a foot over it has to be the whole body that crosses. I could have sworn you couldn't cross it with your foot. Maybe I'm off.

They did use a holder on the second onside kick.

After he cluster**** trying to determine whether a holder was needed for the first kick, I was fulling expecting there to be another one for the second kick. I mean, they kicked the ball, so they shouldn't need a holder now, it's a new kickoff. Or is it? :D

On the post game KF was saying that the review close to the end was reviewing the QB and if he crossed the line. He said the refs told him they can have a foot over it has to be the whole body that crosses. I could have sworn you couldn't cross it with your foot. Maybe I'm off.

I have watched it several times on DVR. The arm AND ball were ACROSS the line of scrimmage when he released. That should have been a penalty with loss of down. But, with the "personal foul", which BTN never did show, it still would have moved the ball. How they missed a "hold"--Gaglione was brought down by a throw that would make any WWE performer a millionaire--I have to question the officiating throughout the whole game. I really hope staff reviews and sends to B1G office.

All THAT said, we had no business losing this game.

I have watched it several times on DVR. The arm AND ball were ACROSS the line of scrimmage when he released. That should have been a penalty with loss of down. But, with the "personal foul", which BTN never did show, it still would have moved the ball. How they missed a "hold"--Gaglione was brought down by a throw that would make any WWE performer a millionaire--I have to question the officiating throughout the whole game. I really hope staff reviews and sends to B1G office.

The rule in cfb is both feet across line.

Arm AND ball do not matter genius.

My bad, I was listening to Dolph at the time and I thought he said they were not using a holder.

Yup, so not only did Iowa see what was coming a half dozen times, they got beat on the play 10 vs. 11. I just don't see how someone that plays or lives football 24/7, could not be ready for that.

But then again, I guess this is the same team that when the other team is down by 2, and kicking a FG to win, has the speed guys on the end standing back watching for the fake. :(

Yup, so not only did Iowa see what was coming a half dozen times, they got beat on the play 10 vs. 11. I just don't see how someone that plays or lives football 24/7, could not be ready for that.

very good point, Iowa.......I mean most fans saw what was going on but the coaching staff laid an egg, worse then the Wisky onside or the Gopher one last year. Terrible and they had a timeout to use, sure KF was worried about them kicking it deep though.

So what rule helped them out on that kick? The ball only has to go 10 yards from where it's tee'd up. Moving the ball back 5 yards doesn't matter, it still only has to go 10 yards...

The refs were right, it's the QB's whole body that must cross the line of scrimmage, ala Ohio State's hail mary against Wisconsin last season.

We recovered the kick on the play they got a penalty on. Game over. They got a do over and we screwed it up. The penalty actually worked in their favor.

We recovered the kick on the play they got a penalty on. Game over. They got a do over and we screwed it up. The penalty actually worked in their favor.

We got a sack on a play where they called delay of game. They got a do over and threw a touchdown pass.

That's EXACTLY the kind of scenario we're talking about here. Did the penalty end up working in their favor? Sure. That happens all the time. But it's no reason to call a rule stupid. It was a dead ball procedural penalty. If they'd blown the whistle sooner, the ball never would have been kicked in the first place.

BTN did try to show it once, but all you saw was him being brought down on top of the guy, it didn't show what he did to get the penalty. They tried to show one of the other personal fouls as well, but you couldn't see what it was for. The players have to know better than react to someone, especially in tight game. It was a major factor.

Latest posts