Stupid Rule

Stop making excuses about dumb rules or bad refs. Point is that Iowa should of recovered the ball, plain and simple. They deserved to lose for both the way the coaches and players performed.

I'm simply saying that a team that gets a penalty shouldn't benefit from it. That's why they call it a penalty.

I hate the rule where if the other team scores more points that Iowa they get to win. Fix that please.

I'm simply saying that a team that gets a penalty shouldn't benefit from it. That's why they call it a penalty.

So let's just ditch the penalties altogether.

Seriously, **** happens. They were fortunate. I'm sure Iowa has similarly benefitted from such calls in the past.

The play was blown dead before it even started. The kicker simply didn't stop. If an offense fumbled the snap on a delay of game, they'd get the ball back. They take the 5 yard penalty. Whatever happens after that is up to the players, not the officials.

Stop whining.

BTN did try to show it once, but all you saw was him being brought down on top of the guy, it didn't show what he did to get the penalty. They tried to show one of the other personal fouls as well, but you couldn't see what it was for. The players have to know better than react to someone, especially in tight game. It was a major factor.

I am surprised they didnt show a replay of the womens lacrosse game. B1G Ten TV sucks hardcore.

They did use a holder on the second onside kick.

They had a holder, who then stood up and spun around to field the kick, BEFORE the ball was kicked.

Coincidentally, he stood up the same time the f'ing whistle blew, which is probably why everyone thought the play was dead.

Yup, so not only did Iowa see what was coming a half dozen times, they got beat on the play 10 vs. 11. I just don't see how someone that plays or lives football 24/7, could not be ready for that.
Exactly. Jump on the damn ball! Why did I see FBS football players moving AWAY from an onside kick?

The part of the rule that I did not know and still do not understand is how do you get a delay of game when the clock is not running? i.e.: on a kickoff

A) Dead ball foul, wasn't a re-kick, the kicker just kicked it after the whistle.

B) QB's whole body has to be across LOS for it to be a penalty.

If Hyde had tackled their player at the five they may have eventually scored but would not have had time to kick an onside kick and still had time to to run any plays. If the players don't get the stupid 15 yard penalties then we wouldn't be talking about a loss, especially at the end of the game. If all the players who were waiting for the on side kick realized its a live ball and every attempt should be made to just cover the ball we would not be talking about a loss. If the coaching staff would get their crap together and not kill the clock to decide whether they are kicking a fieldgoal or goin for a first down then that extra time does not exist for an on side kick. This was a TEAM loss as players and coaches all made too many mistakes. We should never have lost to the likes of central Michigan in our own house. Pathetic!!!

The play was blown dead before it even started. The kicker simply didn't stop. If an offense fumbled the snap on a delay of game, they'd get the ball back. They take the 5 yard penalty. Whatever happens after that is up to the players, not the officials.

It sucks because the whistle to stop the first kick did not come before the play started...the call was made by the standing in the south end zone (and I'm not sure where he was tracking the play clock, because the play clock never started in the stadium). With as late as the call was made I don't think there was any way the kicker was going to be able to stop.

**Edit - Not trying to make excuses...just clarifying.

Latest posts