Student Section

colfaxhawk24

Hey guys, student here. I was just wondering what you guys wanted out of the student section? What do you like? Did you like hte "Big Ten Reject" chant when Luscious was at the line? The "DUI" chant? I sit with a pretty big group of guys, so we can get some things going. Let me know if you guys have any ideas!

Also, had a blast last night. That's how Carver should be for every game.

Students did a great job last night. The "Big Ten Reject" chant was probably my favorite. Did like the "take a seat" chant after Ejim fouled out and wouldn't sit down. Honestly though, as long as the students are showing up and making noise, that's all that matters.

Being creative would be nice change in Carver. That has never really happened out of our student section. It didn't before I went school, when I was in school & all the years that have passed by. Wisconsin student section always comes up with some good chants. But they are more organized & have been for decades.... Their band has something to do with that, I believe. Much easier to carry organizational things over throughout the year... A forum and/or emailing list would be easy to spread the word before games...

Whatever you chant, keep it somewhat respectable. Although it doesn't entire have to be. Say what you want, especially to B1G rejects! ;)

I loved hearing the students last night, you guys/gals were awesome.

Just no "We got wood" chants. :D

Please, please, please let's not rush the court after we beat Wisconsin like we did last year, even though we had already beaten them at their place.
Indiana at home, however would be a different story.

I personally am a fan of "sucks" after they name the opposing player.

Last game I went to, there was a guy with a big manikin (a female) who made its legs spread around during opponent's free throws.
He ended up getting tossed.

Was actually pretty hilarious.

Hey guys, student here. I was just wondering what you guys wanted out of the student section? What do you like? Did you like hte "Big Ten Reject" chant when Luscious was at the line? The "DUI" chant? I sit with a pretty big group of guys, so we can get some things going. Let me know if you guys have any ideas!

Also, had a blast last night. That's how Carver should be for every game.

Great job! You guys were LLOOUUDDDDD!!! That's the way CHA ought to be. Creativity is good. Don't you go to kollij to lurne things and stuff? #beasnastyasyouwannabe

When the opponents are shooting free throws, the students should be in a loud and prolonged "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU" which when the ball either goes thru net or hits rim changes to "SUCK!!!"

I remember the Iowa vs. Indiana game at Carver in 1987. I was seven. I knew that we were playing Steve Alford, who was the devil, and if we didn't win it would be the end of the world. We sat just west of center court, about 35 rows up, across from the bench. I remember looking over at the student section, which must have been 5,000 strong, and wondering what in the world was wrong with those people. I asked my dad, and he said they were the students. That couldn't be right. Students wore velcro shoes and had Goonies lunch boxes. Dad had gone nuts. It didn't matter, though. BJ had that jumper, Eddie was crashing the boards, and Roy could fly.

We punched Indiana in the mouth that night, and a little boy in North Liberty slept with visions of adults acting like children bouncing around his little head.

Never, ever, do the "overrated" chant. The dumbest chant in sports.

Most of the time I would agree but.

If your team blows out a team that was in the top ten, its early in the season and they look like crap in the process then its appropriate because they were legitimately overrated.

You guys/gals chant whatever you want, just keep it clean. For me it is great to see enough students coming back to the games for there to be chants.

Please Please Please tell the Telle Tubbies to stay home, they are embarrassing you guys! Other than that great job Friday night !

Latest posts