Stubbs to Transfer

He will be a solid player at a lower D1, high D2 school. He has gained great experience and I was impressed with him the little he played. Could be a deadly 3 pt shooter.

I support the kid and his decision and wish him well. That said, I kind of feel like someone has stolen the spare tire out of the trunk. Yes, we have two guards coming in -- Gesell and Clemmons -- and perhaps one more. BUT, what if one of them for whatever reason doesn't make it to fall practice (and I am not suggesting anything here) and the other one suffers a serious injury?

I know, I know, I know ... use a ruler across the top of my hands for even typing such thoughts.

url

I hope he looks at my alma mater D2 Southwest Baptist University. Would be an excellent fit.

Bummer, he was a great walk-on, terrific teammate too.
Very underrated skill set.
He will start at a lower D1 school.

Bummer, he was a great walk-on, terrific teammate too.Very underrated skill set.He will start at a lower D1 school.

He will be very good at a little lower level I think. A system that utilizes 3 -4 guards is where he could really thrive. As for iowa, Im sure we will see iowa add another walk on pg combo type.

Good luck and thank you to Brandon .

Was this why we seen Stokes play at the end of the Oregon game instead of more Stubbs?

I'm guessing that had more to do with Basabe and McCabe fouling out. We needed someone down low. Cartwright, Marble, Gatens, and Oglesby were all still able to play.

I support the kid and his decision and wish him well. That said, I kind of feel like someone has stolen the spare tire out of the trunk. Yes, we have two guards coming in -- Gesell and Clemmons -- and perhaps one more. BUT, what if one of them for whatever reason doesn't make it to fall practice (and I am not suggesting anything here) and the other one suffers a serious injury?

I know, I know, I know ... use a ruler across the top of my hands for even typing such thoughts.

url

Adding to the fact that we have a couple guys coming in at PG in the recruiting class, Brandon doesn't quite have Big Ten-level athleticism. He's got skills (he was crazy good in high school), and I was actually surprised at how well he played in the minutes he did get. But he's a starter at most mid-majors, and likely 4th-string at Iowa going forward. I think he got the kind of experience he was looking for here, though. I'd love to have one or two guys like him on the team every year.

Thank you thank you I'll be here all week. Theres two other kids from the DSM area that is playing for them and that stud guard of theres is graduating so hell it's not even out of the realm of possibility. I've heard Stubbs is a good student so....

Their pg is a junior.

i could see stubbs at drake as the starting pg. saw him in person in hs and i was very impressed with his offensive game. defense is what would keep him down in college as he probably couldnt guard many high d1 pgs.

Latest posts