Stu Whitney's blog on Larson

Not trying to be critical, but how do you know this?

I can only assume from the previous poster's last post really. But if that poster does know what happened and knows Cody and the type of kid he is, then he sure isn't portraying that in that post. From the people I've talked to Cody is not a problem child, not one bit.

I can only assume from the previous poster's last post really. But if that poster does know what happened and knows Cody and the type of kid he is, then he sure isn't portraying that in that post. From the people I've talked to Cody is not a problem child, not one bit.

You are right i don't know him or if he did anything wrong. But getting suspended from the team is a bad sign to begin with and then nothing at all even being said. The way Iowa BB has been going lately i am just going with their luck on things. Plus i dunno but i would guess if he was a great kid and not a problem child he wouldn't be getting himself suspended from his BB team.

The previous poster also talks about how dumb it was for the previous Roosevelt coach to have Larson set screens for a 6'1" guard. Really don't understand his point; seems like that would be good practice for the Iowa offense.

The previous poster also talks about how dumb it was for the previous Roosevelt coach to have Larson set screens for a 6'1" guard. Really don't understand his point; seems like that would be good practice for the Iowa offense.

I read it wrong orginally, but maybe the big linebacker should have been setting a pick for Larson so he could use the pick for a jumpshot or drive to the basket. I believe that is what the OP was trying to point out. Either way, probably not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
I read it wrong orginally, but maybe the big linebacker should have been setting a pick for Larson so he could use the pick for a jumpshot or drive to the basket. I believe that is what the OP was trying to point out. Either way, probably not that big of a deal.

Yes, my point was there were times it seemed obvious Larson should have had the ball in his hands, not the linebacker. I've seen Larson explode to the basket and do some things some impressive stuff. The prior coach just didn't seem to take advantage of Larson's talents. (Keep in mind my disclaimer that I'm an avid fan but don't claim to know all the fine points about basketball. I was a runner -- keepin' it simple, run and turn left.)

Larson's high school, SF Roosevelt High School also produced Wisconsin Badger Joe Krabbenhoft. Different types of players. Krabby had an excellent career at Wisconsin but some who know basketball skills much better than me think Cody Larson has greater potential in the college game. He has all the tools.

Last edited: