Streaming live tv

Casey388

So it’s that time of year again. Now that the boring summer is coming to an end we will restart our streaming service. I have been doing Hulu live tv for a few years now but since they keep raising their prices I am looking into other options. I am really tempted by FuboTV, but I’ve heard really good things about YoutubeTV as well. What do you guys recommend and is there any referral codes out there so I can help someone out?

YouTubeTV here. No problems with it, yet. I've heard others will provide more sports without paying for extra content. The base price might be higher though.

I'll be watching to see what others are recommending and why.

YouTubeTV here as well. More expensive than it once was but I have no complaints beyond that. I use it almost exclusively for sports and tend to cancel between the end of March Madness and around this time of year.

So it’s that time of year again. Now that the boring summer is coming to an end we will restart our streaming service. I have been doing Hulu live tv for a few years now but since they keep raising their prices I am looking into other options. I am really tempted by FuboTV, but I’ve heard really good things about YoutubeTV as well. What do you guys recommend and is there any referral codes out there so I can help someone out?
Also, if you go with YoutubeTV, they allow you to share your plan with up to 5 other people for the same base price and you can have up to 3 streams going at once. I do that with a buddy of mine, he just has an automatic Venmo payment set up every month to me for half the bill. So essentially we're both getting YTTV for $35 a month.

Also, if you go with YoutubeTV, they allow you to share your plan with up to 5 other people for the same base price and you can have up to 3 streams going at once. I do that with a buddy of mine, he just has an automatic Venmo payment set up every month to me for half the bill. So essentially we're both getting YTTV for $35 a month.
Wow, I didn't know that. I might have to go that route and just keep my kids from using it.

YouTube TV here for hell I don't know how many years now. Works flawless and no complaints. I never have to worry about separate streaming to start up. I turn the TV on and go to the station.

I wish I thought outside the box more. Damn great idea.

YouTube TV

Hulu sucks on many levels. Wife likes Hulu so stuck. So September 1 I turn on YouTube TV

Nice thing about streaming services is if you have a number of family you can divide services and share them. I pay for amazon, my daughter pays for Youtube which we split, my other daughter pays for Hulu, and one pays for HBO max. Covers all of our bases. I also bought paramount for a couple of shows I like. Don't want to pay for Peacock so I guess I need another daughter.

YouTube TV works very well, especially in the fall. Unlimited online DVR space as well so you can catch up on all the games you can't see live.

Hulu's guide was horrific when we tried it years ago. That's all I remember. We went back to YouTube.
I tried Hulu first, but like you said we had issues, too. Looked it up on line, and apparently there were problems between Hulu and Amazon Firestick, which I am also using.

I've used all streaming services other than Directv Stream, which I'll likely use this fall. The decision, for me, comes down to what channels do I want (basically, where are the Iowa games going to be broadcast) and price. Here's a good tool to help with that decision https://thestreamable.com. Scroll down about half way and use the 'Service Matchmaker'. It allows you to enter the channels you want and filters the stream services based on those selections. Pretty handy...

Last edited:

Latest posts