STORY: Working Through Hawkeye Bowl Game Scenarios

Holiday

Versus the loser of the Pac-12 title game(Washington/Utah)

And I am okay with that.

If a bowl doesn’t have a flower, fruit, vegetable in its title or a title that relates to its host city then it’s a dime-a-dozen bowl (which includes bowls played in baseball stadiums).

Thankfully, it’s not possible. And whatever the destination this year, it will be an upgrade.
Darn! I was waiting, with baited breath, for your story of a hectic 36 hours in NYC and mad dashes to catch connecting flights and little sleep and a football game in conditions better suited for the Iditarod.

:p

I can’t see it being the Outback with Iowa already having been there twice since ‘13. But I’m often surprised by how these wheels turn.

Jebus, what a mess (rules and what not).

I rag about this sad situation every year.

Solution: 7-5 or better, and, .500 in conference or better, or you stay home.

That would clean up the money-grab/who travels better/Chamber of Commerce mess instantly.

Find it puzzling the many discussions of Iowa doesn’t wanna play Brand X or Y. Comments of “we’ll get stomped.”

If Iowa is a legit top 25 program, time to start recruiting and coaching like you belong.

Tired of the annual Iowa football apology tour.
Get the best possible opponent and find a way to coach up and freakin win.

Well don't look now but SB Nation has us in the Outback Bowl playing A&M

We need Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State to all get CFP/NY6 games, then NW to Citrus.

If the Outback has Connie, Iowa, Sparty, Purdue and Minnie to choose from, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Outback took us for the 6th time.
The Outback tends to do what they want with bowl selections and haven’t seen anything where they have to take “x” different B1G teams over a “x”-year period.

And you know what, once again, 15,000+ Iowa fans will be in Tampa, again.

If 3 B1G teams go CFP/NY6, the Citrus Bowl is way more interested in Iowa than 8-5 Northwestern if they can get it...

I see Dochterman has a story about the Citrus and Camping World discussing Iowa in the Citrus and ISU in Camping World bowl. They love Iowans!

Find it puzzling the many discussions of Iowa doesn’t wanna play Brand X or Y. Comments of “we’ll get stomped.”

If Iowa is a legit top 25 program, time to start recruiting and coaching like you belong.

Tired of the annual Iowa football apology tour.
Get the best possible opponent and find a way to coach up and freakin win.

I find this funny too. The same people who say we need to play Georgia in non-con are the same ones saying whoaaaa we don't want to play team X in a bowl game cause we will get destroyed! Gives me a freaking migraine!

Latest posts