STORY: Working Through Hawkeye Bowl Game Scenarios

Most PAC 12 teams are going to have Iowa overmatched with speed.
It's been awhile bince I looked, but I thought Iowa hasn't beaten a PAC 12 team in the Pacific time zone in at least 25 years. Maybe longer. We always get boat raced in those games.

But we should play Georgia in non-con right????
Iowa? No way. They should play mid tier P5 programs like Pitt, ASU, Arizona, etc. like they used to do. I'm not sure if those games make much sense with the 9 game conference schedule, though. The only reason I'd want to play Georgia is if it was a home and home and I could drive to Athens to see the game or if they played in the Chick Fil A kickoff game in Atlanta just so I could go see them play. I'll drive 2 hours to watch them get destroyed, but not 6+. I don't even know if I'd go to Athens to watch them because the game would probably be in September and the temp could be over 95 with oppressive humidity, so it would have to be a night game for me to go there.

It's been awhile bince I looked, but I thought Iowa hasn't beaten a PAC 12 team in the Pacific time zone in at least 25 years. Maybe longer. We always get boat raced in those games.

This is my 22nd year covering Iowa football. I don't think the Hawkeyes have played many games in the Pacific time zone in the last 25 years. Stanford in the Rose Bowl is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

This is my 22nd year covering Iowa football. I don't think the Hawkeyes have played many games in the Pacific time zone in the last 25 years. Stanford in the Rose Bowl is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
My bad, just say anywhere outside of Iowa City, then. It's been brutal. I think we played Wershington in a bowl game somewhere out west one year and won that game, but in general, outside of playing Arizona or ASU at Kinnick, the Pac 10 has been a house of pain for the Hawks for a LONG time.

A more general term that might be better is just say that Iowa does not play well when it plays "Out West"

Latest posts