Story: Iowa Wins B1G Tourney Title

A good start for today! Great games by the Hawkeye women's team. Let us hope this is followed by a win for the men's team tonight in IL.

I guarantee you this team will struggle mightily in the NCAA tournament unless McKenna and Gabby start scoring. We will see athletic teams that will shut down/limit 1 or 2 of our scorers and simply gamble that those 2 won't and can't score. We cannot make a deep run with Caitlin, Monika and Martin scoring 62 0f 74 points.

If those 2 can give us double digits per game we are a sweet 16 team, and with a little luck an Elite 8 team.

My pessimistic attitude is not a slam on the team...I LOVE THIS TEAM. Current reality is the teams in the dance are athletic and they see the struggles from those 2 and they will gamble and take 1 or 2 of the others away.

I guarantee you this team will struggle mightily in the NCAA tournament unless McKenna and Gabby start scoring. We will see athletic teams that will shut down/limit 1 or 2 of our scorers and simply gamble that those 2 won't and can't score. We cannot make a deep run with Caitlin, Monika and Martin scoring 62 0f 74 points.

If those 2 can give us double digits per game we are a sweet 16 team, and with a little luck an Elite 8 team.

My pessimistic attitude is not a slam on the team...I LOVE THIS TEAM. Current reality is the teams in the dance are athletic and they see the struggles from those 2 and they will gamble and take 1 or 2 of the others away.
They can try all they want to shut down those 2. Only 10 or so teams have the ability to do it. If we get a 3 seed, we can make the elite 8 with just those 2 or 3 scoring. Past that, we would need the entire team to be playing well.

They can try all they want to shut down those 2. Only 10 or so teams have the ability to do it. If we get a 3 seed, we can make the elite 8 with just those 2 or 3 scoring. Past that, we would need the entire team to be playing well.
We shall see, the quality of teams, the athleticism of teams moves up a notch. 55 points from the Caitlin and Monika and 10-15 we are currently getting from the rest WILL NOT cut it. In the tournament 2 to 3 early whistles could put Caitlin or Monika on the bench.

We shall see, the quality of teams, the athleticism of teams moves up a notch. 55 points from the Caitlin and Monika and 10-15 we are currently getting from the rest WILL NOT cut it. In the tournament 2 to 3 early whistles could put Caitlin or Monika on the bench.
You think the quality of teams in for first two or three rounds of the NCAA tournament are going to be a notch up from the Big 10 tournament? I disagree. If they are a 3 seed, they will face a team similar to Michigan, Ohio State, or Indiana in the sweet 16.

They will win with any third option scoring well. It can be Kate, McKenna, Gabbie, or Tomi. It does not necessarily have to both McKenna and Gabbie. Recently it has been Kate getting about 15, and that's a winning formula.

You think the quality of teams in for first two or three rounds of the NCAA tournament are going to be a notch up from the Big 10 tournament? I disagree. If they are a 3 seed, they will face a team similar to Michigan, Ohio State, or Indiana in the sweet 16.
Have you seen the projections...OLE MISS. 6'5" forward and athletic length all over the court...this is a nightmare match up for the Hawks. Lost to LSU by only 4, loss to South Carolina by 10...guards are very quick, and length at the Forward position.

Have you seen the projections...OLE MISS. 6'5" forward and athletic length all over the court...this is a nightmare match up for the Hawks. Lost to LSU by only 4, loss to South Carolina by 10...guards are very quick, and length at the Forward position.
No doubt there are a handful for bad matchups out there outside the top 3 or 4 seeds, but if they were better than the top teams in the Big 10 they wouldn't be seeded that low.

Latest posts