STORY: Iowa Football Banking on Offensive Improvement

I love that angle, "... we're owning it ..."
Well, then! All is peachy! Glad you're "owning" it ... finally.
Sounds like all the radical wacko fascists who hypocritically deflect and distract and gaslight up to the point where there's so much evidence to the contrary and their power is threatened, where, even their most stupid, ignorant, myopian, steadfast supporters are starting to raise their eyebrows at some of the statements vs reality, that they play the, "... We're sorry ... we own it ... please forgive us and support us in our effort at redemption ... :rolleyes::eek::mad:
1675351372147.png

Reads better as "Barta putting his job on the line, banking on Brian Ferentz, a former college lineman with no coordinator experience."

It's really looking like Kirk would rather do it his way and be good than grow/change/try something new and be great. His ego has taken over.

Kirk could easily be a great coach; a standout coach, if he would just fix the offense. To be ranked so low is an embarrassment. Bring in someone proven. Give them a nice title. Pay what you have to but get it done. It is owed to the players, the other coaches and the fans.

The post season evaluation looks like it was nothing more than rationalization. We were dumb enough to think they were going to focus on optimization.

I just can't totally blame the ol. Sooo many passes sailed high, were short, and were wide. Many with little pressure and if qbs at this level can't throw on the move. Is Tom Williams available to replace kf?

Why we were thinking there would be some sort of change is now beyond me. The AD has no control, and never will. We all knew that. But at least one positive move the U could make would be to "retire" Barta and bring in someone with a pair.......I know, will never happen.................the fan base was as vocal as they could be about this situation and I find it hard to understand that there isn't something going on behind closed doors.

Why our university can tolerate having such a low ranked offense is beyond me? At Iowa we strive for excellence in everything. We are at the bottom of major college football. How can we keep recruiting an outstanding defense if the offense continues to stink? And how long will fans continue to buy tickets to watch a disappointing offense? When I lived in Pittsburgh the Pirates were a great hitting team but were inept fielders. Fans quit going to the games.

Why our university can tolerate having such a low ranked offense is beyond me? At Iowa we strive for excellence in everything. We are at the bottom of major college football. How can we keep recruiting an outstanding defense if the offense continues to stink? And how long will fans continue to buy tickets to watch a disappointing offense? When I lived in Pittsburgh the Pirates were a great hitting team but were inept fielders. Fans quit going to the games.
No, the Pirates can't afford to keep their players when its time to pay them market value. So they lose McCutcheon, Marte, Polanco, Bell, Gerrit Cole, Jamieson Taillon, on and on and on

The idea that fan response to attendance at football games is a significant factor is nonsense. Good luck with that one.

Last edited:

Latest posts