STORY: Hawkeyes Pull Wide Receiver Keagan Johnson Out of Nebraska

Frustration, pissed off, we didn't want him anyway, Iowa sucks ... not much different than normal.
Thanks for sharing. I'm banned over there again. Something about not having been in the state of Nebraska in over 20 years and still having a streak of having attended over 100 consecutive home games. Damn they're sensitive.

I see he played some defense and likes to block, looks to have a bit of a nasty streak, love it. Ya Nebraska fans, Iowa sucks... the best players out of your state, like a Hoover.

I can't get a read on Fidone reading his retweets and likes on his Twitter account.
The emoticons would make you think he is Nebbie's, but who knows.
I do know his windmill dunk was freakishly amazing, and that he ran a 4.68 40.

Having said that, we have some really good TE's on board, Yelverton among them, and it won't be a program killer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.30.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.30.43 PM.png
    58 KB · Views: 6
I can't get a read on Fidone reading his retweets and likes on his Twitter account.
The emoticons would make you think he is Nebbie's, but who knows.
I do know his windmill dunk was freakishly amazing, and that he ran a 4.68 40.

Having said that, we have some really good TE's on board, Yelverton among them, and it won't be a program killer.
I actually think our young talented TE room is working against us here. He strikes me as a kid who wants to play early, and we have some serious competition there.

I would call it good read though. lol

I can't say I blame them, losing 2 of the top 3 instate recruits to other B10 schools is a real kick in the nuts for them. OTOH Iowa is probably going to be in the same situation if both Fidone and Bollers go elsewhere. Fidone doesn't feel like a instate recruit, technically he is but when you are from Council Bluffs, which is across the river from Omaha, there are probably more Nebraska fans in that town than Iowa.

This guy seems to be taking it especially hard. :D

"Whatever, let these giant egos go where they feel comfy. What aggravates me more than a kid heading elsewhere is the ridiculous notion this is a Frost thing. We've crapped the bed for over 15 years, blowing relationships with local talent having them leave and become productive elsewhere, and choosing programs that were perceived to be in a better place since Frank got the boot. And please, don't play the narrative that this is a conference opponent, if the kid ran off to be a Buff, Clone, Wildcat or Tiger would it have stung any less? And who really thinks Minnesota ends up with the first one?

All of the stumbles for 15 years is enough to make it reasonable someone heads elsewhere, and the only school he could have chosen that would have been closer than Iowa is ISU or KSU, so proximity to family plays in as well, so I'd be more concerned if he chose Maryland. Truthfully, in my eyes, these kids become disrespectful little punks the second they speak negatively about our program, and it will not go well for them as they return to Nebraska for various reasons. If you don't believe that, just ask Jostes how his returns went after his career at Mizzou. Larry Station didn't hear as much because he was classier about things. The Johnson's obviously weren't thrilled with how they have been dealt with since Clester graduated. Oh well, Scott wasn't in a position to fix 2 decades of angry in 2 years. And seriously, a kid going to ND last year shouldn't have been a giant shocker since the kid admitted that was kind of a dream opportunity for him. This year we have a kid verbal MN who admits he wasn't ever really a Nebraska fan. Now we have a jilted family decide on some place else, but of course many are saying it's all about losing, Frost lost his recruiting Mojo, etc. Funny, that Mojo was just fine last recruiting cycle which if I'm not mistaken, came on the heels of that second losing season.

This has more to do with the attitudes of these particular recruits, especially when you read in their veiled shots at the program, and less to do with the efforts of the staff to bring in the right kids. See you later kid, and don't be surprised if someone blows you up on a play, and none of us are particularly concerned as you lay on the ground with the snot bubble emanating from your facemask."

This guy seems to be taking it especially hard. :D

"Whatever, let these giant egos go where they feel comfy. What aggravates me more than a kid heading elsewhere is the ridiculous notion this is a Frost thing. We've crapped the bed for over 15 years, blowing relationships with local talent having them leave and become productive elsewhere, and choosing programs that were perceived to be in a better place since Frank got the boot. And please, don't play the narrative that this is a conference opponent, if the kid ran off to be a Buff, Clone, Wildcat or Tiger would it have stung any less? And who really thinks Minnesota ends up with the first one?

All of the stumbles for 15 years is enough to make it reasonable someone heads elsewhere, and the only school he could have chosen that would have been closer than Iowa is ISU or KSU, so proximity to family plays in as well, so I'd be more concerned if he chose Maryland. Truthfully, in my eyes, these kids become disrespectful little punks the second they speak negatively about our program, and it will not go well for them as they return to Nebraska for various reasons. If you don't believe that, just ask Jostes how his returns went after his career at Mizzou. Larry Station didn't hear as much because he was classier about things. The Johnson's obviously weren't thrilled with how they have been dealt with since Clester graduated. Oh well, Scott wasn't in a position to fix 2 decades of angry in 2 years. And seriously, a kid going to ND last year shouldn't have been a giant shocker since the kid admitted that was kind of a dream opportunity for him. This year we have a kid verbal MN who admits he wasn't ever really a Nebraska fan. Now we have a jilted family decide on some place else, but of course many are saying it's all about losing, Frost lost his recruiting Mojo, etc. Funny, that Mojo was just fine last recruiting cycle which if I'm not mistaken, came on the heels of that second losing season.

This has more to do with the attitudes of these particular recruits, especially when you read in their veiled shots at the program, and less to do with the efforts of the staff to bring in the right kids. See you later kid, and don't be surprised if someone blows you up on a play, and none of us are particularly concerned as you lay on the ground with the snot bubble emanating from your facemask."
Classy as always, bugeaters......

I actually think our young talented TE room is working against us here. He strikes me as a kid who wants to play early, and we have some serious competition there.

From a story I wrote about him in January...

“I love Iowa and their coaches. They do a great job developing their tight ends. The only thing that scares me a little is they have a pretty full tight end room."

LINK

Nebby: We didn't really want him anyway. There are a lot of higher ranked guys out there. Blah, blah, blah. It's the same schtick they blow every time they lose a recruit.

I would call it good read though. lol

I can't say I blame them, losing 2 of the top 3 instate recruits to other B10 schools is a real kick in the nuts for them. OTOH Iowa is probably going to be in the same situation if both Fidone and Bollers go elsewhere. Fidone doesn't feel like a instate recruit, technically he is but when you are from Council Bluffs, which is across the river from Omaha, there are probably more Nebraska fans in that town than Iowa.

It almost looks like reality is beginning to set in for some of these fuskers. Amazing...isn't it?

From a story I wrote about him in January...

“I love Iowa and their coaches. They do a great job developing their tight ends. The only thing that scares me a little is they have a pretty full tight end room."

LINK

Interesting. Is that code for, I wanna be the primary/only TE getting the ball? Maybe he'll choose Nebraska so he can start immediately...I'm sure he's been reminded of the Noah Fant "controversy"...ie: not getting enough snaps.

There are too many Hawk fans running to their boards to rub their noses in it. I just don't get that.

Quarantine boredom maybe?

But it does make for some hilarious reading.:D

Latest posts