Storminspank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows that he is no different than any other idiot we have on this board.

Keep in mind, this is our very own basketball insider on this site! Pretty professional.

Could you imagine Jon saying something like that?

Keep in mind, this is our very own basketball insider on this site! Pretty professional.

+1 Another expert.

Stormin will calm down just like everyone else after a little time. Some people seem to have forgot just how bad Lick was.

He should have been fired for the pure inaccuracy of his "however many" reasons Iowa basketball will be better this year series. Just about every reason ended up being wrong.

However, what is another option? Jon clearly is more of a football guy. He would need to go out and find a real basketball guy to be credible in this area - I mean Steve Forbes? Really?

Well since Jon called for Lickliter being fired i guess I could imagine that.

Totally different scenarios, my friend. A coach who's been with a team that got worse 3 straight years rather than a coach who hasn't even gotten on a plane to come to IC yet

Justin has already stated that he tweets what he is feeling when he is feeling it...I would bet many had the same thoughts, but once a little research has been done, it is an interesting hire and I feel McCaffery will bring us back to where most want to see the program.

I never once uttered the phrase that Lickliter should be fired. I laid out the facts of his era, and said that I didn't see how he could succeed at Iowa. you can still listen to the podcast at kxno.com

The only problem I had with Stormin's Tweets are that I know at least Marble and Brust follow him on Twitter. Not a great ringing endorsement by a Hawkeye guy on the the new coach for two of our recruits.

Stormin is a Hawkeye fan like you...like me. We all have emotional investments in this. He has his own personal twitter account, and he is certainly free to feel how he wants to feel

He has been a huge help for me on the site in a number of ways, and I don't recall me every tabbing him with the role of 'insider'. He has a passion for Iowa hoops...he did this year when it was real tough to have that...he had more of a passion for Iowa basketball this year than I did, I can tell you that.

Mr. Storminspank will calm down like the rest of us, and while he may disagree now, he will most likely support him next fall. We all need to vent sometimes.

The only problem I had with Stormin's Tweets are that I know at least Marble and Brust follow him on Twitter. Not a great ringing endorsement by a Hawkeye guy on the the new coach for two of our recruits.

Hopefully they know how to make up their minds for themselves. :D

You have to be a complete, utter moron to criticize this hire. And to think that Storminspank somehow calls himself an expert on Hawkeye basketball and wants to be someone that Iowa fans assume is credible. I'll never take him seriously again. What a dope.

It is incredibly stupid to make the comments he made - potential recruits and current players are reading his twitters and posts - what is he thinking? Get behind the new coach!!!

Stormin is a Hawkeye fan like you...like me. We all have emotional investments in this. He has his own personal twitter account, and he is certainly free to feel how he wants to feel

He has been a huge help for me on the site in a number of ways, and I don't recall me every tabbing him with the role of 'insider'. He has a passion for Iowa hoops...he did this year when it was real tough to have that...he had more of a passion for Iowa basketball this year than I did, I can tell you that.

Justin's passion for the program showed during the season when, even though the games were not only difficult to watch but almost painful, he continued to do the chat during the games.

His tweet, while some may find it upsetting, was nothing more than the many individuals, including myself, who when they heard the news this morning said, "IOWA HIRED WHO TO BE THE NEXT COACH??"

I will guarantee Justin will get behind the program just like he stayed behind the program this past year. His initial reaction will fade as ours will and next winter he will be cheering the Hawks on to victory.

Mr. Storminspank will calm down like the rest of us, and while he may disagree now, he will most likely support him next fall. We all need to vent sometimes.

Hopefully all the negative nancys get their venting out this evening and listen to the PC tomorrow with fresh ears. That will hopefully help there perspective. I was shocked initially, but thought I should read up on the guy first. Glad I did, I am excited Coach McCaff is here.

BTW can we NOT call him Coach Mac, please! I've seen it already today and it reminds me of McDermott, and he's terrible. Could be worse than Lick was. How about the Caff or MC-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts