Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 5

I think this thread is hilarious. So Steave went 5-5. How'd DuffMasn fair?

Duffman was luck enough to go 3-3. Ohh yeah!

I actually got a bit unlucky. Cutler went down in the first half and sealed the deal there. Northwestern was probably 21 points better than MN last week but turned the ball over twice inside the MN ten yard line. On top of that they picked off a pass with seconds left and the DB had the whole field in front of him but being the uber smart NW kid he is he took a knee instead of scoring a TD.

Meh!

Nice. I am a visitor to this site, but I would tune in every week to see a Deace-Duffman pick'em.

Each picks their own games...which ever ones they want, just the same number, and a tally at the end of the year.

I understand it's already week 6, and probably only one of the two would answer the bell (my $ is on Duff), but I think this is straight up entertainment.

One guy "knows more about football than everyone on this board combined", while the other has no such credentials than anyone knows about and makes picks based on how a lot of 'regular' people do.

Would ego allow such a thing? Interesting experiment IMO.

Nice. I am a visitor to this site, but I would tune in every week to see a Deace-Duffman pick'em.

Each picks their own games...which ever ones they want, just the same number, and a tally at the end of the year.

I understand it's already week 6, and probably only one of the two would answer the bell (my $ is on Duff), but I think this is straight up entertainment.

One guy "knows more about football than everyone on this board combined", while the other has no such credentials than anyone knows about and makes picks based on how a lot of 'regular' people do.

Would ego allow such a thing? Interesting experiment IMO.

It would be fun, the problem is I actually bet on games, and as such I rarely lay out more than 5-6 games because when my $50 for the season is gone it's gone. Steve on the other hand places make belive bets, with make belive money, which means he can place as many bets as he wants without worrying about taking food out of his mouth. He also counts pushes as wins, which my gorilla math knowledge says gives him a slight advantage.

I also calculate my record accurately and honestly which also seems to put me at a disadvantage.

Neb -12 @ KState
S. Car +7 vs. Bama
Pitt +6 @ ND
FSU +6.5 @ Miami

That's all I got for now.

I like your picks, but if your going with 3 of 4 dogs might as well flip your nebby pick- that game is gonna be close. Nebraska finally faces what amounts to be a "decent" defense. I think that ISU should get some early action dropping that line to 3 points, i will be watching that closely and place a 5 unit bet on the ISU game if it hits Utah (-3). bank it.

Sorry to bring this thread back up.

But I've faded KState against ISU and UCF and went away 1-1, and still bitter about the Iowa State loss. ISU covered a majority of the game if memory serves. Against UCF, they scored a TD with 24 seconds left, otherwise they would be 3-1 and 17 pt dogs.

I just dont think KState is that good, and Nebby got a wake up call against the FCS team. I think they roll.

Can't decide either way on ISU/Utah, but there was certainly some wise guy money on ISU early, cause we all know it wasn't public money. Public majority doesn't bet until Saturday morning.

I'll wait to discuss more when Steve's week 6 picks are up. Let this thread die.

I was saying that I will lay a 5 unit bet on the utes if the line hits (-3). I wouldn't bet ISU this week, however they will cover in most of their games this year.

I like your picks, but if your going with 3 of 4 dogs might as well flip your nebby pick- that game is gonna be close. Nebraska finally faces what amounts to be a "decent" defense. I think that ISU should get some early action dropping that line to 3 points, i will be watching that closely and place a 5 unit bet on the ISU game if it hits Utah (-3). bank it.

There's no way in hell that spread moves from -7 to -3, thats a huge swing and there's no way there's that much money coming in on ISU.

Latest posts