Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 2

It was pointed out last week that even the opening lines aren't Vegas insiders' attempts at a "true line". They're an attempt to get even action on both sides.

It really doesn't matter does it? You know the "rules" Deace is playing by before you click the thread. You think it's pointless and ridiculous, great then don't read it.

I think Dean nailed it with his analogy. You're absolutely the ISU fan in Kinnick.

This is correct. Vegas could make a team a 9 point favorite, and that team could lose by 30 and if the action was equal on both sides Vegas got exactly what it wanted.

BTW I'm only betting one game this week and its a lock. I have....

Iowa +21 at Iowa State
I got my uncle who's suffering from dementia to give me 21 points this week. I thought he was having a lucid moment but then I realized he thought it was 1976. That said I'm still taking Iowa and the points, as well as my uncles cash.

LOL that is funny

This is correct. Vegas could make a team a 9 point favorite, and that team could lose by 30 and if the action was equal on both sides Vegas got exactly what it wanted.

BTW I'm only betting one game this week and its a lock. I have....

Iowa +21 at Iowa State
I got my uncle who's suffering from dementia to give me 21 points this week. I thought he was having a lucid moment but then I realized he thought it was 1976. That said I'm still taking Iowa and the points, as well as my uncles cash.
Very good Duff, I'm proud of you! Hey, if you can't take advantage of your own family then what is this world coming to? :)

I like ASU -6.5

It really doesn't matter does it? You know the "rules" Deace is playing by before you click the thread. You think it's pointless and ridiculous, great then don't read it.

I think Dean nailed it with his analogy. You're absolutely the ISU fan in Kinnick.

You know the responses that will be here before you click on the thread.

That analogy is terrible. Responding to a troll (literally and figuratively) on an internet message board is not analogous to packing up the car and heading to a football game.

Nope, just sick and tired of seeing people ***** and moan about how Deace does this when he posted the way he does it last week.

People make to big of a deal out of this, if you aren't taking his advice and using your money to bet these games who gives a $hit if he goes 6-1 when a game didn't last 55 minutes or if he goes 4-3 and a game tied. Does it really matter? It is the way he wants it and he isn't a bookie for people so he isn't really lying about his record even if it is different rules.

That analogy is terrible. Responding to a troll (literally and figuratively) on an internet message board is not analogous to packing up the car and heading to a football game.

Actually I expect to see discussion of who he picked and whether or not we agree with him.

How about this analogy then. Do you go to movies you hate? Do you watch the ISU game instead of the Hawks? Did you marry a woman you hate? Do you go to restaurants and order food you hate? Do you read books that you don't like, by authors that you hate?

So WTF do you read Deace's Stone Cold Locks thread when you hate the premise, and disagree with the way he scores it?

Nevermind, I already know.....you are some kind of "moral police" righting the wrongs that are perpetrated by Deace.....:rolleyes::eek:

Ohh I almost forgot about this. I'm also laying $5 on the over in number of things in Game Day Iowa's inventory. The line is 4,004.

These threads are just pure entertainment gold.....I do not check out the political forum that much so I miss out on a lot of the good urination matches between posters....It is to the point now where I do not even read Deace's predictions I just check out the responses.

I don't get the whole Push = a win. You don't make any money so how is that a win?

Anyways, to each their own. I got over it a long long time ago.

Can some*ne expl*in the wh*le blo*king ou* one let*er *hing?

Actually reminds me of an old joke -- what word starts with f and ends with uck? --- answer: Firetruck

Are people really going to keep griping about how Steve does his scoring throughout the whole football season? If so, I think I'll stop reading this thread.

Latest posts