Stokes & Carter

If I'm a recruit and I have to choose between a program who has made multiple NCAA tournament appearances in the last decade in a major conference or a program that has a hard time finishing above .500 in a mediocre at best mid-major conference that will be moving to one of the best major conferences, it's really not that hard of a decision.
For a recruit choosing between TCU and Iowa, I would have to believe that the teams' past results would be pretty far down on the decision-making criteria list.

TCU being invited to join the Big East was simply to bolster the conference's football reputation. They are trying to protect their automatic BCS bid. The Horned Frogs will simply be cannon fodder on the basketball side of things.

Not trying to start rumors but.....Carter may be being courted by Kansas. It seems that their guard situation is still up in the air and they may have an opening.

Not trying to start rumors but.....Carter may be being courted by Kansas. It seems that their guard situation is still up in the air and they may have an opening.

Kansas has already signed Naadir Tharpe, Carter's current teammate, so they would already know a lot about Carter and it wouldn't be a surprise if a couple guards aren't with them, so it would make sense.

99% confident the courtship has ended. It wouldn't surprise me to see Ben McLemore commit to the Jayhawks tomorrow which means we should still be in the running for Carter.

Last edited: