Still Outback Bowl??

If South Carolina beats Auburn that could drop Alabama to the Outback Bowl. If that happens I would think that would almost guarantee us the Outback. Since Alabama already played Penn state earlier in the year. If that happens I think fans would get excited for the bowl game, kind of one last shot to beat a great team.

They also will have other games to compete against and they Know that Iowa will keep the game close. Iowa has lost by more than 7 points only ONCE in the last 42 games!!! We also had a chance to tie/win inside of 6:30 of the 4th Quarter in the last 38 games. We also are the most competitive Big Ten Bowl Representative over the last few years. We are 2-1 in the Outback Bowl. I think that right now as a fan WE should be cheering as if we have nothing to lose, cheer just for the sake of cheering. Lets rally in the bottom of the ninth on this one! who's with me!!!!!

Really is a shame that any B10 team goes to Outback this year. None of the potential teams deserve it. Yunno, none of them even deserve the Gator. Makes me think more and more that 8-4 should be the requirement for a bowl game. Really hope Iowa drops. Don't want them anywhere near one of the top 5 SEC teams.

In the next week, KF should sit down with all the seniors individually and get a sense of
where they stand. And let the guys that really just want to get ready for the draft go their own way. Because the next month is about preparing for next year, not winning a bowl game.

Really is a shame that any B10 team goes to Outback this year. None of the potential teams deserve it. Yunno, none of them even deserve the Gator. Makes me think more and more that 8-4 should be the requirement for a bowl game. Really hope Iowa drops. Don't want them anywhere near one of the top 5 SEC teams.

In the next week, KF should sit down with all the seniors individually and get a sense of
where they stand. And let the guys that really just want to get ready for the draft go their own way. Because the next month is about preparing for next year, not winning a bowl game.

whaaa??? one of the best ways to prepare for the next season IS to give the seniors a chance to go out on top. all the younger players will get to see how the prep is for the bowl game. I think the way the '08 squad went out payed huge dividends to the impact of the team in '09 and our Orange Bowl Victory. we win this bowl it will only be the 2nd time in history that iowa has won 3 bowls in a row. That momentum cannot be overlooked. we need this win (in a good bowl versus a good team) more than anything right now.

Yes, but if certain seniors are psychologically done then they won't prepare well. This is an opportunity to make sure you only have guys that are truly committed on board. Don't need guys that are just going through the motions. Instead it would be better to start getting the guys you will need to step up next year ready to go.

whaaa??? one of the best ways to prepare for the next season IS to give the seniors a chance to go out on top. all the younger players will get to see how the prep is for the bowl game. I think the way the '08 squad went out payed huge dividends to the impact of the team in '09 and our Orange Bowl Victory. we win this bowl it will only be the 2nd time in history that iowa has won 3 bowls in a row. That momentum cannot be overlooked. we need this win (in a good bowl versus a good team) more than anything right now.

I appreciate your positive outlook and it makes a lot of sense, but several starters showed they really don't care about winning as much as not getting hurt. I can't say as I blame them for a lot of reasons. I just don't want to see us go to a bowl game and have it on display again.

while we dance around the ACTUAL way this bowl season will play out, you will find out pretty quick that this will not be one of the results. In no way will KF (or any other coach) ever not play an exiting senior w/o probable cause.

Nobody's getting kicked off the team, even as a fan I can't remember a Saturday in my life that i was less excited to watch a game. We loss and we may even end up going to the same bowl and even if we don't what does it really matter. So who can blame the players for having a lack of emotion for this game. They had the same expectation and NC dreams as we did and when those are lost it's just human nature to letdown. I'm just hoping for a solid bowl win and get a somewhat positive outlook for next year and wash this season away.

Just wondering but does anyone know thee
pecking order of the big ten bowl thanks!

Go Hawks

1. Rose/BCS vs. Pac-10/BCS, Jan. 1
2. Capital One vs. SEC, Jan. 1
3. Outback vs. SEC, Jan. 1
4/5. Gator vs. SEC, Jan. 1
4/5. Insight vs. Big 12, Dec. 31
6. Texas vs. Big 12, late December
7. Dallas Football Classic vs. Conference USA,* Jan. 1

So I'd have to say its looking like will be playing south carolina or florida.
Im gonna have to go with sc because I cant stand meyer one bit.

A 7 win team has played in the prestigous Jan 1 Outback bowl the last two years, so I would say it is possible.

A 7 win team has played in the prestigous Jan 1 Outback bowl the last two years, so I would say it is possible.

Considering every team they are going to have to pick from is going to be 7-5 I'd say it's very possible.

I know i already posted this, but some of you are not looking at the real reason why bowls choose teams, competitiveness, history (fans & results), and TV coverage. Nobody wants to tune in to a 30 point blowout, since Iowa keeps it close -(has the last 38 games by not losing by more than 7 pts)- THEY WILL BE GOING TO THE OUTBACK!

And they won't choose Iowa. They aren't stupid...they know the fan base is ****** about the end of the year. PSU will travel better.

they will not, please click this link and look at the column to the FAR right.
NCAA Standings - BigTenNetwork.com

we have just as many wins against the TOP 25 as the the 3 Co-Champs. The other teams they choose from (ILL, MICH, NW, PSU) have 0 wins against top 25 teams.

Agree 100%. I would rather have a freshman on the field that doesn't know what the hell he is doing than a senior that quits at the drop of a hat.

I could give a crap what bowl game they go to at this point. My interest in following this year's team has waned. My heart was just not in it today.

A 7-5 team at the Outback bowl..scraping the bottom. When was the last time the Outback took a 7-5 team?

I just went over to the Outback bowl site and voted for Indiana vs Vanderbuilt.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. I would rather have a freshman on the field that doesn't know what the hell he is doing than a senior that quits at the drop of a hat.

Come on, is this the same fanbase that was loving them some Americanzi. Yeah AC had a disappointed season, but he turned down millions of dollars to be Hawkeye I'm assuming to try and win championships. Yeah they had a letdown when that didn't happen, but nobody quit. He was the same beast who we all loved last year. I'm pretty sure nobody's calling at DJK for quitting so I'm not sure why there such hatred going on for the other seniors. They've been a great class.

A 7-5 team at the Outback bowl..scraping the bottom. When was the last time the Outback took a 7-5 team?

I just went over to the Outback bowl site and voted for Indiana vs Vanderbuilt.

lol read my post.... South Carolina in '08 and Auburn '09..... do some research before you throw up a post like that. Casual fan or not, come on man, seriously!?!

Latest posts