Still high on this yound team

uihawk82

Young team I mean. Nebraska just won two road games at tough venues and yet the young hawks not only hung with Nebby but probably should have walked out of there with a W. I am just enjoying watching this team of talented, young, skilled players without a lot of high expectations. We have seen two hawk teams crash in the last 3 years so I am just going to enjoy this team.

I have such low expectations I forgot they had a game against Mich.

Watching the Nebby game I liked the speed and energy, the push up the floor. but as many have said I think a young team could use time out in late game situations to set up the regular offense for big buckets rather than all this isolation stuff which doesnt seem to work and leaves the other 4 players standing around.

That's a great analysis. I have to remind myself of the very fact that we really don't enough experience on the court at times.....I get pi $$ed b/c of execution....we are a point guard away, or a big body away that can finish.....just sit back and watch, I guess.....next year we can really bitch about these guys...;)

That's a great analysis. I have to remind myself of the very fact that we really don't enough experience on the court at times.....I get pi $$ed b/c of execution....we are a point guard away, or a big body away that can finish.....just sit back and watch, I guess.....next year we can really bitch about these guys..u.;)

I think you are right about point and big guy. A really good top ten point guard can make any team much better just penetrating, dishing and setting up easy looks. The hawks could use a 6-11 presence in the post.

But they are working hard and fun to watch.

I love the foundation that is being built here. I'm all in on this team and the job Fran is doing. Fun team to watch.
I don't expect them to make the NCAA's and I know this board is gonna melt down when they don't. But the future is brilliant for this group.

I love the foundation that is being built here. I'm all in on this team and the job Fran is doing. Fun team to watch.
I don't expect them to make the NCAA's and I know this board is gonna melt down when they don't. But the future is brilliant for this group.

Foundation when 32 2nd half and OT points come from a senior? Think about last year with JOK and Utoff on the same team and that team faded. It will be hard to have that kind of talent on the same team on the floor as upper class men for the future.

Foundation when 32 2nd half and OT points come from a senior? Think about last year with JOK and Utoff on the same team and that team faded. It will be hard to have that kind of talent on the same team on the floor as upper class men for the future.

Jok and Utoff last year. Jok will be gone. Those are 2 very incredible players and Fran couldn't make that work. Next year Jok is gone along with a bunch of points.

I realize FM is 7 years into this, but I am still thinking big picture with this program. I think the future is bright. I question some things here and there; however I am confident that FM will figure it out. I am all in on Iowa basketball.

Keep 'em playing defense, Fran and they'll be competitive, and will probably sneak out an upset or two. It's the hardest thing for young players to do on a consistent basis. They've shown the capacity, they just need to keep doing it.

That is cherry picking stats from one game.

Yes, but they were both top or near top scorers their respective senior years.

So was White and Marble. And those years we lost other players too. Replacing one really good senior is way easier when he is surrounded by freshmen and sophomores. Especially when that senior is so sketchy on defense.

So was White and Marble. And those years we lost other players too. Replacing one really good senior is way easier when he is surrounded by freshmen and sophomores. Especially when that senior is so sketchy on defense.

But with those type players, the results should be once in awhile higher than they've been. They've been OK overall. Just not what one might think.

You know that Moss scored 16 in the first half and Jok, 4? And we were down by 3 at half also?

Jok is such a pure, sweet shooter, there is no reason to not let him shoot. That would be stupid.

Next year, we have Moss, who can create. We have Bohannon, who can shoot the 3. We have Cook and Pemsl that are fantastic from 15 feet and in.

And the way this team likes to play, I dont think there will be a shortage of points on the floor.

I love this team. And Im thinking I will love it more next year.

NIT this season is perfect. Winning that tourney is always a spring board to greater things.

You know that Moss scored 16 in the first half and Jok, 4? And we were down by 3 at half also?

Jok is such a pure, sweet shooter, there is no reason to not let him shoot. That would be stupid.

Next year, we have Moss, who can create. We have Bohannon, who can shoot the 3. We have Cook and Pemsl that are fantastic from 15 feet and in.

And the way this team likes to play, I dont think there will be a shortage of points on the floor.

I love this team. And Im thinking I will love it more next year.

NIT this season is perfect. Winning that tourney is always a spring board to greater things.

NIT this season is perfect? Ummm no, I'd rather make the dance