Official Hawks Make Matt Campbell Ride 126 Miles Home On The Loser Bus Game Thread

With the exception of 2002…losing to ISU always means a 4+ loss season.

The flaw in thinking with Kirk coached teams is instead of playing to win, with lead just run three running plays against ISU when that’s all they have defend for. “Hey guys we are going to fun the ball three times and punt it back to you and so you will have 45 seconds to get in field goal range to try to kick a winning field. Hell he should have handed that to the ISU coach in writing.

It’s like being part of a cult and you realize it’s a cult but you just can’t do anything about it because everyone involved with it is brainwashed and just keep putting their money into the bucket when it’s passed around.

Then they take the bucket behind stage and pass it all out to the coaching staff.
This is a great analogy.

It’s like being part of a cult and you realize it’s a cult but you just can’t do anything about it because everyone involved with it is brainwashed and just keep putting their money into the bucket when it’s passed around.

Then they take the bucket behind stage and pass it all out to the coaching staff.
I'll take my cyanide laced Kool-ade any time now Mr Jones!

I'll take my cyanide laced Kool-ade any time now Mr Jones!

lol, I wonder how many humans don’t even have a clue where the phrase “don’t drink the kool-aid” came from, but use it.

For Hawkeye football fans it would be like talking about “Conference Football Championships”. Might as well be talking about Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, because the dumb effers would believe in it and the chances are EXTREMELY high that they would meet one of those three before EVER seeing a Big Ten Football Championship. ;)

Everything you just stated is factual. KF was cut from the same cloth as Nick Saban. Up until the time Saban left LSU, you can't really pin point a difference in his style vs Kirk's.
Once the air raid offenses came into play, NS decided to adapt and change with the times and I think the NIL finally made NS say enough. KF on the other hand has chosen to just continue his ways in an ever changing game. I will never take anything away from him but you just got to know when it's time. I don't think people really understand what the last 2 yrs could of been with the number 90th ranked offense. A good O line and a competent qb we wouldn't even be having thse conversations. It's a shame. He's got the money and the facilities but not the mentality. He unfortunately is his only roadblock.
You should understand, but most don’t. The vaunted defense gave up 96 points in three losses last year. Our defense has been good the last several years but not great like its advertised. Like the overall team, it’s been acclaimed due to mediocre scheduling. Some like me have read right through the mirage

Yesterday’s game is why I couldn’t get hyped about Lester, as innovative as he might be on his own. As long as KF is in charge, the scheme isn’t going to change. I don’t fault Lester for this, I believe very much that if he were allowed to manage the scheme (which is beyond just the playbook), you’d see new approaches to situations. It’s pretty obvious Lester has tight constraints on what he’s allowed to do, and it’s why today didn’t look any different than what we’ve seen in the past. I don’t blame him for taking the job and toeing the line. For that kind of money I sure would.

Also…

There was no reason to go for two when we did. Momentum was good at the time. That decision isn’t without a downside as we saw yesterday. I’m never a fan of going for two unless it’s needed to tie the game as time runs out. Ever. It’s like saying you should bet more at a single hand of Blackjack because you could win more, even though the house has the odds.

It’s a purely emotional play and ignores rational thinking.

The success rate of 2 pt conversions in college the past 3 years (arbitrary sample size) is right at 40%. The PAT success rate is 96%. You can do the math on the expected value.

Yesterday’s game is why I couldn’t get hyped about Lester, as innovative as he might be on his own. As long as KF is in charge, the scheme isn’t going to change. I don’t fault Lester for this, I believe very much that if he were allowed to manage the scheme (which is beyond just the playbook), you’d see new approaches to situations. It’s pretty obvious Lester has tight constraints on what he’s allowed to do, and it’s why today didn’t look any different than what we’ve seen in the past. I don’t blame him for taking the job and toeing the line. For that kind of money I sure would.

Also…

There was no reason to go for two when we did. Momentum was good at the time. That decision isn’t without a downside as we saw yesterday. I’m never a fan of going for two unless it’s needed to tie the game as time runs out. Ever. It’s like saying you should bet more at a single hand of Blackjack because you could win more, even though the house has the odds.

It’s a purely emotional play and ignores rational thinking.

The success rate of 2 pt conversions in college the past 3 years (arbitrary sample size) is right at 40%. The PAT success rate is 96%. You can do the math on the expected value.
The irony that goes with Ferentz going for two is off the charts when you consider how incredibly conservative and risk averse everything else he does on offense. It’s really mind blowing

Latest posts