Steve Lavin hired at St. John's.

He'll win there. Good if not great recruiter living in NYC. Give him three years. Glad he's not in IC, too much flash. We got the right guy.

I think that flash is exactly what this program needed to dust off the cobwebs of an aging program and facility and provide an attractive coach, young team, exciting style, new facilities.

I am not saying that Fran is not a good hire, but I just wish we could have taken another week to interview more coaches before we made a decision. Even if we came back to Fran, at least we would have been through a few more guys.

If we all remember......we would not have Coach Ferentz if it was not for Boulsby sticking to his committment to interview Ferentz instead of hiring Stooops right on the spot the 48 hours before.

However, I am sure that some of you will have not read down this far to hear me say that I am happy, just not as happy as I would be if our decision was made on April 2nd.

I think that flash is exactly what this program needed to dust off the cobwebs of an aging program and facility and provide an attractive coach, young team, exciting style, new facilities.

I am not saying that Fran is not a good hire, but I just wish we could have taken another week to interview more coaches before we made a decision. Even if we came back to Fran, at least we would have been through a few more guys.

If we all remember......we would not have Coach Ferentz if it was not for Boulsby sticking to his committment to interview Ferentz instead of hiring Stooops right on the spot the 48 hours before.

However, I am sure that some of you will have not read down this far to hear me say that I am happy, just not as happy as I would be if our decision was made on April 2nd.

I am with you. Also, listening to Lavin call Lick's last game, I was surprised at just how much he knew about Iowa and the history at Iowa. He's a smart guy and he is charismatic, those qualities go a long ways in coaching college bball today. He will do great.

and for those that thought we had a shot with Lavin does his wife really sound like a girl that would have loved moving to Iowa City?

An accomplished actress, Jarou is jazzed about moving from the West Coast to the Big Apple.
"I am beyond thrilled. I'm ecstatic," Jarou, 32, told the Daily News. "I love noise. I love energy and hustle and bustle. And I'm a big theater geek. I love Off-Broadway shows.
"I would actually prefer to live in New York over L.A."

Jarou, a self-described foodie, said the couple would spend a few months deciding where in the city to settle - though she's already partial to the West Village.

LINK

and for those that thought we had a shot with Lavin does his wife really sound like a girl that would have loved moving to Iowa City?

An accomplished actress, Jarou is jazzed about moving from the West Coast to the Big Apple.
"I am beyond thrilled. I'm ecstatic," Jarou, 32, told the Daily News. "I love noise. I love energy and hustle and bustle. And I'm a big theater geek. I love Off-Broadway shows.
"I would actually prefer to live in New York over L.A."

Jarou, a self-described foodie, said the couple would spend a few months deciding where in the city to settle - though she's already partial to the West Village.

LINK

I would bet her mind would have changed if we could have had her come in for a visit and she got to see the Ped Mall and Coarlville Mall. And Williamsburg is just right down the interstate as well. LOL