Steve Lavin hired at St. John's.

I think that it will be interesting to see how he does....I know there are a lot of Iowa fans that would have liked to see him as the Iowa coach.

Well St. John's is going to get Lavin's wife. She would have been a nice addition to Iowa City. Also, the guy made the Sweet 16 5 out of 7 years. Wish he would have got an interview.

2855329Untitled-7.jpg

Picture%208(64).png

90697807.jpg

Well St. John's is going to get Lavin's wife. She would have been a nice addition to Iowa City. Also, the guy made the Sweet 16 5 out of 7 years. Wish he would have got an interview.

Picture%208(64).png

I'm happy with coach Caff. I'm sure St. John's paid a pretty penny for Lavin. Besides, does Lavin's wife have the passion for hoops that MM does? Not a fan of the tatt either, BTW

Last edited:
My understanding is he was eliminated from consideration for the Iowa job immediately because of his excessive use of hair product. Iowa basketball has had bad experiences with slicked hair, and the administration was not going to go down that road again.

I can't imagine Lavin, or his wife, with her hollywood career in front of her, would want to come to the slower paced midwest. Doesn't seem like it'd be a good fit. But who knows, that's just me judging a book by its cover.

I bet his team is filled with a bunch of pepperpots.

You lost me. Pepperpots?

From Google: Definitions of pepperpots on the Web:

A pepperpot is a type of small lighthouse unique to Canada.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperpot_(lighthouse)

Pepperpot - The pepper-box revolver or simply pepperbox (also "pepper-pot", from its resemblance to the household pepper grinder) is a repeating firearm that has three or more barrels grouped around a central axis. It mostly appears in the form of a multi-shot handheld firearm. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperpot_(revolver)

Pepperpot is a term created by Monty Python member Graham Chapman to describe a class of character frequently appearing in the group's comedy sketches.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperpot_(Monty_Python)

Pepperpot - Callaloo (sometimes calaloo) is a Caribbean dish that is most popular in Jamaica, and Guyana with variants in Barbados, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Haiti, Dominica, the Virgin Islands and Trinidad and Tobago. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperpot_(Caribbean_dish)

pepperpot - Alternative spelling of pepper pot
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pepperpot

If a player was small and brought energy, Lavin always referred to him as a pepperpot. You can substitute firecracker if you need to.

I feel so sorry for St. John's, they just keep hiring the wrong guys. If Lavin thinks coaching at UCLA was tough just wait until he experiences Big East basketball up close and personal at bottom-feeder with very little talent. His *** will get crucified there.

2855329Untitled-7.jpg

Picture%208(64).png

90697807.jpg

The tat in the second picture explains the lop-sidedness of the dress in the first.

I think Lav will do well, too. It must have been a tough decision for him, though: Settle down in NYC with a seven-figure job and the beautiful wife, or stick with ESPN and have the chance to travel and hang out with EA on the road several times each winter.

I have to say, it's a tough call, and I'm not convinced he made the right one! Then again, not all ESPN analysts can be Kirk Herbstreit.

It's not like Mrs. McCaffery is bad. She will be a nice addition as well.