Steve Deace's Line Of The Week

Miller and Deace on the radio every morning from 6-8 was great radio for the year or so they did that. Their college football stuff is just awesome to listen to. Would have loved to have had a show with those two on the BTN. It would have been great to see Deace meltdown over Michigan football for 5 of the last 6 years.

That show was great. Now the only show on that station that is worth a damn is Murph-n-Andy. Hell, they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel in getting Heather Burnside to pair up with Ken Miller in the afternoon. Seriously, Heather Burnside.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to avoid being repetitive when taking that long so often.

The podcast was absolutely brilliant - bravo Jon & Steve. I always look forward to these, but this week was particularly engaging.

My 2 favorite laffy moments:

Deace in reference to Ferentz: "He ain't buying the green bananas anymore"

Jon in response to a sustained, uninterrupted, and unpunctuated but for spittle 15 minute tirade by Deace [delivered in complete monotone]: "Hmmm...interesting"

Wow. I agree, but I also know now is not the time the coaching staff wants people going off-******.

This IS sensitive. Geez, it's only OUR Hawkeyes at stake, or more at-stake.

It isn't like the coaches told them, "Hey, let's go out and embarrass ourselves."

I have not listened to the podcast yet but my theory on the QB muzzles is they were not in a "free speech zone". After all, they are college students.:rolleyes:

Steve and Jon both need to reign in their use of the "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" line. It's like 3-4 times per episode.

Steve and Jon both need to reign in their use of the "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" line. It's like 3-4 times per episode.

Are they using it correctly? I.e., someone is doing something malicious and claiming that the injury caused is the result of happenstance?

Jon in response to a sustained, uninterrupted, and unpunctuated but for spittle 15 minute tirade by Deace [delivered in complete monotone]: "Hmmm...interesting"

It's almost like Steve started rambling, and Jon stopped paying attention. And then he realized that Steve had finished talking, and Jon was like, "oh, crap, I have no idea what Steve just said." So he just went with "hmmm...interesting"

That was hilarious!

Happens to me all the time when my wife starts talking.

Latest posts