Steve Deace's Line Of The Week

MelroseHawkins

Talking about how rediculous it was for Fort Ferentz and Iowa NOT to allow the QB's to be interviewed by the media after the TaxSlayer Bowl. He talks about the importance for the two QB's to step forward & BE interviewed to set the example and how Ferentz SHOULD use this as a litmus test. If you are going to be the leader of men, you should be able to step in an interview and say the correct things.

Deace - "What's Rudock's major, molecular microbiology or something? The dude's someday going to open someone up with a scapel, but he can't answer questions after .............. The TaxSlayer Bowl?! ....... C'mon man!"

This gave me a chuckle but is so true.

This was better - from the Dase Man: “If he hires Brian Ferentz as offensive coordinator change the logo from the Tiger Hawk to the middle finger.”

Deace talking about football = awesome. Deace talking about anything else on earth = bloviating windbag.

This was better - from the Dase Man: “If he hires Brian Ferentz as offensive coordinator change the logo from the Tiger Hawk to the middle finger.â€￾

Yea. That's good. I have it paused now with about half to go. Prob didn't get to that one yet. lol.

This was better - from the Dase Man: “If he hires Brian Ferentz as offensive coordinator change the logo from the Tiger Hawk to the middle finger.â€￾
"Equivalent to taking a dump in someone's living room" or something along those lines.

Has there ever been any mention of Brian as the OC other than by the fans?

I don't think you need to worry about this.

I get that Deace is a Michigan fan and so that is his frame of reference, but just once it would be nice to get through an entire podcast without him bringing up the Michigan Wolverines.

"Equivalent to taking a dump in someone's living room" or something along those lines.

He said hiring BF as OC isn't peeing on someone and telling them it's raining. It's taking a dump in their living room, grabbing them by the scruff of the neck and rubbing their face in it.

Deace can get a little long-winded, but he's almost always on the mark when it comes to sports, especially college football. I definitely enjoy having him around for the podcasts

This is my #1 complaint with the podcasts (if you're listening JD). This phrase is used WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too often.

I was going to say the same thing. After it was first said, it is now said every podcasts but I still get a kick out of it when I hear it. Kind of funny. There used to be a time when the word "contrite" would be used about 4 times a podcasts. But, they still do a very good job of doing the podcasts on the fly.

Didn't somebody once write a country song called "Don't Pee On Me (And Tell Me It's Rainin')?"

Deace talking about football = awesome. Deace talking about anything else on earth = bloviating windbag.

Miller and Deace on the radio every morning from 6-8 was great radio for the year or so they did that. Their college football stuff is just awesome to listen to. Would have loved to have had a show with those two on the BTN. It would have been great to see Deace meltdown over Michigan football for 5 of the last 6 years.

This is my #1 complaint with the podcasts (if you're listening JD). This phrase is used WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too often.

I've noticed as well, but Steve has been saying that for years going back to his own show on KXNO. It's his thing, so it works for him and does apply to a lot of scenarios they discuss. However, it does sound like JD has made a solid effort to limit the # of times he describes a team as "salty":D

Miller and Deace on the radio every morning from 6-8 was great radio for the year or so they did that. Their college football stuff is just awesome to listen to. Would have loved to have had a show with those two on the BTN. It would have been great to see Deace meltdown over Michigan football for 5 of the last 6 years.

Unfortunately, it's the bad times or dumpster fire seasons that make the best traffic for ratings or higher web page viewings which is good for business. It's likened to the Rush Limbaugh's best years are when a Democrat is in office.

Miller is cashing in on our disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, this time will pass & Jon will have a hard time in the months of April thru July. :)

Latest posts