Steve Alford

X29vE9x.gif

"Dude, let go of the grudge."

signed,
Every Muslim since Crusades (which started a long losing streak.)

If it makes you feel better, I'm on board. I picked them to win tomorrow, but I'd be plenty happy if I got that one wrong.

At what point do we acknolwedge that it might be a "its not him, it was us" thing? Alford has won in MVC, Mountain West, and we will see if he can sustain it in the Pac 12.

Perhaps it is harder to win here in the 21st century than people want to acknowledge. We certainly have not recruited at a high level for the past 15 years. Other than getting lucky the state of Iowa produced three Top 75 caliber recruits in the same year (Horner, Brunner, and Haluska), we've had a heck of time getting talent here since Alford's first class.

At what point do we acknolwedge that it might be a "its not him, it was us" thing? Alford has won in MVC, Mountain West, and we will see if he can sustain it in the Pac 12.

Perhaps it is harder to win here in the 21st century than people want to acknowledge. We certainly have not recruited at a high level for the past 15 years. Other than getting lucky the state of Iowa produced three Top 75 caliber recruits in the same year (Horner, Brunner, and Haluska), we've had a heck of time getting talent here since Alford's first class.

Todd Lickliter won in the Horizon. In any case, the hate for Alford runs a lot deeper than wins and losses.

I predicted he would make a final 4 in his first 5 years at UCLA. He's succeeded at every stop.

Granted he's lacked success in the NCAA tourney but I think he will be able to get more talent than ever at UCLA and I'm sure each year of tourney experience is one to learn from.

I have them in the sweet 16 this year.

The last time Alford was in the Sweet 16 was also the last time Iowa was in the Sweet 16. Tom Davis' last season... the year we beat UAB and Arkansas and lost to UCONN.

It's a race. So since we're out we have to root against Alford.

I would root against Alfraud in a game of tiddlywinks! If he was racing Nascar, Id root for the wall! Running Of The Bulls? Id be in the pen, sharpening their horns!

Todd Lickliter won in the Horizon. In any case, the hate for Alford runs a lot deeper than wins and losses.

Todd Lickliter nurtured an established Horizon league power for a few years, that actually went to another level after he left. Missouri State didn't make much noise before or after Alford's tenure.

I'll agree that the hate is deeper than wins and losses. My bigger point, however, is that Alford appears to be a pretty decent basketball coach that didn't have great success here. I'll leave open what, if anything, should be drawn from that.

There must still be some alf stank attached to the unm hobos. They just lost another first round game.

Latest posts