Starting QB Tomorrow?

I agree, It is very discouraging to read stupid post saying the same thing, all the time.

Gee, I'm sure glad I've never been guilty of that. I mean, you'd think those folks would have lives and wouldn't live to post the same thing over and over. I wonder how people like that can live with themselves.

FreedComanche

Gee, I'm sure glad I've never been guilty of that. I mean, you'd think those folks would have lives and wouldn't live to post the same thing over and over. I wonder how people like that can live with themselves.

FreedComanche

I wouldn't know, what is that like Freed.

1. According to the media NOT because of the media. KF said they were all equal going into camp.
2. YES, we should determine the eventual starter based on real games. Don't care about day 1 starter.
3. NW is one good team that plays two QBs all year. I'm sure there are quite a few others. I think Stanford played two QBs most of last year. Iowa played two QBs in 1981, the Rose Bowl team.

Number 2 I have a problem with. You can determine a starter based off practice (otherwise Johnny Manziel wouldn't have started for Texas a & m). But you keep that position based off of game play.

this doesn't seem to be a problem at other positions. People wanted law to play because of tape and practice and when he has gotten game time he has messed up and looks like lowdermilk has possibly won the position if he can do better in games. Tanner miller is a whipping boy to many a) he won the position in practice, b) to most his game play has lost him the position, c) my guess no one else has shown they can do better that is why he is still out there.

jc won the QB job in practice. Lost it based off of game play when Stanzi showed he could do it better.

so how I am looking at it is rudock won the job...he can lose it based off of game play IF (big if) someone (beathard or Sokol) can show they can do better if he struggles.

i would bet that Davis would have preferred if colt McCoy had won the job in practice instead of having to figure it out with a rotation during games (what I thought iowa would do all along but looks like they wont now) contrary to what you think teams don't have good offenses when they have multiple qbs playing regularly (obviously there are exceptions to every rule but I wouldn't plan on being the exception).

Number 2 I have a problem with. You can determine a starter based off practice (otherwise Johnny Manziel wouldn't have started for Texas a & m). But you keep that position based off of game play.

Why am I not surprised you have a problem with deciding things on the field in a real game.

I just get tired of people that spout the same stuff over and over, and I get tired of ISU trolls. We get it 23 you feel Sokol should start. No red face from me, I just call out trolls, and people like 23 posting the same stuff over and over. I used to do the same to you Freed, but then the stupid repeating posts keep coming and coming, so I eventually drop it.

I agree with you in this thread deaner but you run around policing the board that it must think like you. Im sick of you repeating how everyone is repeating themselves.

I agree with you in this thread deaner but you run around policing the board that it must think like you. Im sick of you repeating how everyone is repeating themselves.

I actually tried to double post my next response to Freed as a joke, but it wouldn't let me (making fun of my own repetitiveness). I'm sorry that it offends you that I find you, Freed and 23 repetitive. I don't have a problem with the repetitive or negative posters, I just voice my opposite opinion. The ISU trolls on the other hand, I like going after them. That really isn't fair though, as most of them are obviously ride the short bus, and making them look like fools is rather easy.

Why am I not surprised you have a problem with deciding things on the field in a real game.

You need to reread....I refute your belief that you can't determine a starter in practice and it needs to be in game. There are a lot of qbs without game experience that win jobs. You earn game time in practice and games determine if you keep it. It sounds like rudock has earned the game time over the other two. If he plays bad I will have no problem with someone else getting the game snaps. You seem to put everything on one viewing where the coaches have all of spring and summer that you don't.

Last edited:
You need to reread....I refute your belief that you can't determine a starter in practice and it needs to be in game. There are a lot of qbs without game experience that win jobs. You earn game time in practice and games determine if you keep it. It sounds like rudock has earned the game time over the other two. If he plays bad I will have no problem with someone else getting the game snaps. You seem to put everything on one viewing where the coaches have all of spring and summer that you don't.

Of course you can, KF can do pretty much anything he wants but I reject the idea that this is one of those times we should. I just looked at the stats from last night and Rudock was 8 for 18 for 85 yards and only 4.72 yards per attempt. Those aren't the kind of stats of someone whose dominating and those stats would put us close to the bottom of the country in passing. I'm most concerned with yards per attempt because they are similar to the Spring game. Colt McCoy and Vince Young both averaged over 8 yards per attempt so it isn't GD. Sokol was again over 10 yards per attempt.

Of course you can, KF can do pretty much anything he wants but I reject the idea that this is one of those times we should. I just looked at the stats from last night and Rudock was 8 for 18 for 85 yards and only 4.72 yards per attempt. Those aren't the kind of stats of someone whose dominating and those stats would put us close to the bottom of the country in passing. I'm most concerned with yards per attempt because they are similar to the Spring game. Colt McCoy and Vince Young both averaged over 8 yards per attempt so it isn't GD. Sokol was again over 10 yards per attempt.

Sorensen 9 YPA
Whitehust 7.5 YPA
Phillip Rivers 5.6 YPA

Davis 9.8 YPA
Matt Ryan 6.5 YPA

Daniels 8 YPA
Kapernick -1.5 YPA

Daniel 8.5 YPA
Alex Smith 3.8 YPA

Lewis 6.3 YPA
Matt Stafford 4.5 YPA

You might want to start calling some NFL GM's and coaches and let them know they are starting the wrong QB. I mean it only take looking at one practice or pre season game to determine a starting QB. :rolleyes:

You might want to start calling some NFL GM's and coaches and let them know they are starting the wrong QB. I mean it only take looking at one practice or pre season game to determine a starting QB. :rolleyes:

Wait, now your comparing Rudock to NFL veterans. You might want to lay off the weed, son. Those guys aren't vying for starting spots. Rudock has been pretty so-so thus far at best in all the scrimmages.

Last edited:
He was going against the first team exclusively this time and the other two guys weren't. I would think that Davis will decide who will start.

Wait, now your comparing Rudock to NFL veterans. You might want to lay off the weed, son. Those guys aren't vying for starting spots. Rudock has been pretty so-so thus far at best in all the scrimmages.

Nope, just showing your all important stat isn't the only thing you look at when you are comparing QB's

My God, just stfu and gtfo. I don't know if I've ever seen such a pathetic twisting of words on what was a pretty obvious point.

My God, just stfu and gtfo. I don't know if I've ever seen such a pathetic twisting of words on what was a pretty obvious point.

My point was those guys are NFL veterans and they aren't vying for starting spots. What's the confusion?

Nope, just showing your all important stat isn't the only thing you look at when you are comparing QB's

Ok, that was actually a pretty good post. At least you were using facts there. I still think it's a good indcator.

Ok, that was actually a pretty good post. At least you were using facts there. I still think it's a good indcator.

It's worth noting, though, that Sokol was also working with Powell most of the night. And on one of those long pass plays, Powell did most of the work. Which is another reason why ypa is not the best stat to look at. It can be heavily skewed by what receivers do AFTER the pass is completed.

His point is that YPA is not a be-all, end-all stat. The fact that guys who are firmly entrenched as NFL starters (and some of them are actually GOOD NFL starters) can put up stats like that in the preseason supports his point.

Latest posts