Starters need only short rest except for the Center combo

uihawk82

I hope we see the starting 5++ playing more minutes (Woody and Gabe are a combo package at center and Oglesby can play the two while Marble at point for a few minutes). Woody and Gabe can play 4-6 minute stretches and then replace each other.

I think that could add some cohesiveness on defense as we have guys playing in all kinds of positions in the zone and getting lost.

McCabe, Clemmons, and Uhtoff can spell players for a couple minutes at a time.

And I just dont understand why Fran pulled Mikey G a couple times last nite. He had a couple forced turnovers but he wasnt causing the major problems, I thought he did a good job guarding Yogi much of the nite and really held him down

I hope we see the starting 5++ playing more minutes (Woody and Gabe are a combo package at center and Oglesby can play the two while Marble at point for a few minutes). Woody and Gabe can play 4-6 minute stretches and then replace each other.

I think that could add some cohesiveness on defense as we have guys playing in all kinds of positions in the zone and getting lost.

And I just dont understand why Fran pulled Mikey G a couple times last nite. He had a couple forced turnovers but he wasnt causing the major problems, I thought he did a good job guarding Yogi much of the nite and really held him down

So you dont think Oglesby should play at all? That makes sense.

So you dont think Oglesby should play at all? That makes sense.

No , I mentioned that if Gesell or Marble are out for short rests Oglesby can be playing the 2 guard.

If Marble goes out first then Josh O subs for Marble, after a couple minutes marble back in to run the point while gesell rests and Josh O stays in..

My 5++ starters with the most minutes are the regular starting 5 plus Gabe and Josh.

Uhtoff and McCabe can give short rests to Basabe and White.

Clemmons a couple minutes per half.

No , I mentioned that if Gesell or Marble are out for short rests Oglesby can be playing the 2 guard.

If Marble goes out first then Josh O subs for Marble, after a couple minutes marble back in to run the point while gesell rests and Josh O stays in..

My 5++ starters with the most minutes are the regular starting 5 plus Gabe and Josh.

Uhtoff and McCabe can give short rests to Basabe and White.

Clemmons a couple minutes per half.

Got it, I guess I missed that part when I read through your post. My bad.

MG should play more than 26 minutes a nite and what when you dive deeper into his minutes you find that MG averages only 23 minutes per game for the season. That really blows my mind..

Damn, did you even watch Gesell when he was taken out? He was friggin GASSED, the legs were gone in the 2nd half. These substitutions are more about keeping these guys fresh more than anything. The way Gesell plays he cannot physically go 40 minutes per game.

Damn, did you even watch Gesell when he was taken out? He was friggin GASSED, the legs were gone in the 2nd half. These substitutions are more about keeping these guys fresh more than anything. The way Gesell plays he cannot physically go 40 minutes per game.

I did not notice it that much as I thought he pulled him for the double dribble right after the nice steal.

Yeah he might have been gassed but I am just saying give him and others just a quick rest.

I know mike came back in a couple minutes later.

Certainly not asking him to go 40 minutes. ssckelley you think MG can't play more than 23 to 26 a game?

IMO he can go more than 23 to 26.

Certainly not asking him to go 40 minutes. ssckelley you think MG can't play more than 23 to 26 a game?

IMO he can go more than 23 to 26.

He went 26 last night and based on what I seen towards the end of the game I'd say no. Clemmons only got 3 minutes, Marble played 36 so I think you had good scoring options on the court at all times.

From what I saw mg was the only pg,sg, or sf that could rein in the Indiana guards. Defensively and offensively he has to be on the court. I see that the defense takes a dive when he is off the court, also the offense doesn't run as smoothly. He needs 30 min and he can go 30 plus. Last night he was trying to do too much and turned it over more than usual but I can live with 1 bad game with all his good ones. I can't see taking him out just because of a turnover or two. I think you go 8 man rotation with Uthoff getting time.

Love to see all the coaches here. Lot of energy expended on how Fran SHOULD COACH AND MANAGE HIS TEAM.

Hey folks, Fran is NOT going to change the rotation this year or any year when he has a chance to play 10 to 11 guys in every game. Minutes per player won't change drastically, except that White and Marble will get over 30 (and Devyn over 35). I expect those two to continue to get a lot of minutes in every game the rest of this season, but all the other guys are conditioned to play up to their average minutes and that's why you will see continual subsitutions in every game from here on out. Nothing drastic will change at this point.

Live with it.

Mike Gesell averaging 23 minutes a game is insanity

Love to see all the coaches here. Lot of energy expended on how Fran SHOULD COACH AND MANAGE HIS TEAM.

Hey folks, Fran is NOT going to change the rotation this year or any year when he has a chance to play 10 to 11 guys in every game. Minutes per player won't change drastically, except that White and Marble will get over 30 (and Devyn over 35). I expect those two to continue to get a lot of minutes in every game the rest of this season, but all the other guys are conditioned to play up to their average minutes and that's why you will see continual subsitutions in every game from here on out. Nothing drastic will change at this point.

Live with it.

It is called a discussion, you know this is a discussion site, a fan forum, you act like I am calling and emailing Fran and the Basketball offices with requests to adjust the minutes played.

This is a very innocuous thread compared to many asking that "coaches be fired".

You can read threads or choose not to.

This type of thread is no different than saying "Ferentz should have gone for it on 4th and 1"

Although I don't Agree with everything you said, I have no doubt that our record would be better doing this.

I won't argue right or wrong. Remember that the use of frequent substitutions has been discussed numerous times by Fran from the very beginning of the season. First, he and the assistant coaches are analyzing the game and determining what combination is the most effective. Secondly, he wants to play very fast, with intensity at the defensive end. Therefore, there is no excuse for a player getting tired, since we have a strong bench. Again, draw your own conclusions about the effectiveness of this theory, but recognize that Fran has been very consistent, and that helps players understand and embrace their roles.

Latest posts