Stanzi?

CGHawk

So with Cassel out... I saw Jon retweeted a guy saying Stanzi is NOT a candidate for the QB job and will not be a factor for the rest of the way...

Why is this? Why did they draft him if they aren't going to consider playing him?

Not sure. Hopefully with better coaching Stanzi can mature as a player. but i never thought he had the arm strength, or was very good at going through his progressions.

Maybe that's shown through time with the Chiefs.

So with Cassel out... I saw Jon retweeted a guy saying Stanzi is NOT a candidate for the QB job and will not be a factor for the rest of the way...

Why is this? Why did they draft him if they aren't going to consider playing him?

Will Stanzi be the back-up or is he even in the picture?

Not sure. Hopefully with better coaching Stanzi can mature as a player. but i never thought he had the arm strength, or was very good at going through his progressions.

Maybe that's shown through time with the Chiefs.
Maybe the chiefs should have consulted with you first? Gimme a break.

Stanzi did better in pre season with a worse o line than pallo

Stanzi had maybe one really good pass. Not blaming this on him, as his o lines sucked!!! But Palko did have a better over all pre-season. Palko is more mobile as well. I would hope Stanzi is going to dress now as the back up.

rotoworld.com

Tyler Palko will be the Chiefs' starting quarterback moving forward with Matt Cassel (hand surgery) out indefinitely.

Palko has tried just 13 career regular season passes, so we had to look up his exhibition game stats for background. In five NFL preseasons, Palko has completed 133-of-243 passes (54.7%) for 1,423 yards (5.86 YPA), five touchdowns, and 12 interceptions while fumbling 10 times and losing four. Undrafted out of Pitt in 2007 due to major talent limitations, Palko's rise to the starting job will hurt the causes of Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, and Dwayne Bowe. He was a weak-armed scrambling college quarterback, and figures to be on a short leash ahead of fifth-round rookie Ricky Stanzi.
Related: Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, Dwayne Bowe

The cheefs are prolly paying palko more so they want to get some roi. Stankzi will get his chance some day.

The NFL is big boy football, and coaches know if they don't put their best QB out there, they won't keep their job long. If Stanzi were good enough to play, he'd play. Obviously he's not, so he's riding pine.

The NFL is big boy football, and coaches know if they don't put their best QB out there, they won't keep their job long. If Stanzi were good enough to play, he'd play. Obviously he's not, so he's riding pine.

This.

If he can't even push Tyler Palko.....that is somewhat telling.

Latest posts