Stanzi?

Updated depth chart.
Kansas City Chiefs 2011 Depth Chart - Offense - ESPN

Link to a different opinion than the tweet referenced by the OP (also dated 11/14), which also has perspective on why a rookie QB with no game experience wouldn't be the first choice for the upcoming game, if a QB with game experience is available - which isn't a slant against Stanzi at all.
Ricky Stanzi Now Becomes Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Hope With Matt Cassel Injury - SB Nation Kansas City
"Now Palko will take the short-term and it's likely Stanzi gets in soon -- perhaps as soon as next week. Then Chiefs fans will get a much better idea of just what they have on the roster and for the future."

Yeah, those undrafted players tend to make a lot of money......way more than a 5th round pick.

Palko makes $480,000
Stanzi makes $550,000

you want to tell me that KC management doesn't want to get something in return for Palko's $480k? plus the fact that Palko has, while nominal, more pro game experience that teh Stanzi?

Stanzi ain't ready. Deal with it.

Some of you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Stanzi. I live in KC and the Chief's organization is very high on Stanzi. So much so that they think he could be the starter in a few years. Stanzi has not dressed this year because they inactivate him on game days. Most teams do not activate more than two QB's on game day normally. He is not starting over Palko because they value him for the future. They don't want to trot out a Rookie with absolutely no experience against their next five opponents: New England, Pittsburgh, Chicago, NY Jets and the Packers. That doesn't mean he won't get some snaps.

I am willing to bet that after one half of having Palko behind the wheel, the fans will be wanting Ricky to come in pretty badly.

Some of you are talking about stanzi like hes a scrub. If hes not ready then how was cam newton or painter or gabbert. They all have the same previous experience right?

Some of you are talking about stanzi like hes a scrub. If hes not ready then how was cam newton or painter or gabbert. They all have the same previous experience right?

u are kidding right?? those three have done horrible this year. cam has had a few good games..but i would say that they are not ready also. they are being forced into action. there is no way painter ever gets a snap if manning is not hurt...he is now 0_ fer 10

Think about the difference between what Stanzi's first five games would be and what Tebow's five games this season have been.

Stanzi would be going up against murderer's row. Tebow has had a rainbows and ponies schedule.

u are kidding right?? those three have done horrible this year. cam has had a few good games..but i would say that they are not ready also. they are being forced into action. there is no way painter ever gets a snap if manning is not hurt...he is now 0_ fer 10

This, although I think he probably meant Ponder, which doesn't really change your response much.

denver(at the moment anyways) seems to have a really good o line and running backs. if denver could not run the ball Tebow would be an 0 fer as well...

Some of you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Stanzi. I live in KC and the Chief's organization is very high on Stanzi. So much so that they think he could be the starter in a few years. Stanzi has not dressed this year because they inactivate him on game days. Most teams do not activate more than two QB's on game day normally. He is not starting over Palko because they value him for the future. They don't want to trot out a Rookie with absolutely no experience against their next five opponents: New England, Pittsburgh, Chicago, NY Jets and the Packers. That doesn't mean he won't get some snaps.

I hope you are right..... The way teams are just putting guys in and letting them play it makes you wonder a little bit.

Cam Newton is 50x the QB that Stanzi is. Y'all can argue and say I'm a Stanzi-hater (I'm not), but it's fact. Ponder is also more talented. Gabbert strikes me as about the same as teh Ricky.
What about Andy Dalton? Isn't he a rook too? Dude is flat out lighting it up for Cinci. Stanzi's better than him too, I suppose?
Plenty of nice cold Koolaid to go around, fellas.

Cam Newton is 50x the QB that Stanzi is. Y'all can argue and say I'm a Stanzi-hater (I'm not), but it's fact. Ponder is also more talented. Gabbert strikes me as about the same as teh Ricky.
What about Andy Dalton? Isn't he a rook too? Dude is flat out lighting it up for Cinci. Stanzi's better than him too, I suppose?
Plenty of nice cold Koolaid to go around, fellas.

Is anyone really arguing that Stanzi is better than Newton, Ponder or Dalton? I think we can acknowledge that he isn't as good as those guys yet is still good enough to see some PT this year.

Is anyone really arguing that Stanzi is better than Newton, Ponder or Dalton? I think we can acknowledge that he isn't as good as those guys yet is still good enough to see some PT this year.

see truehawk's post above

I don't think Stanzi is on the same level as Newton or Dalton, but Ponder isn't on their level either YET in my opinion. I'm a vikings fan and I really like ponder, but I just think he makes too many throws that should be intercepted. Woodson should have about 10 on him between their two meetings.

How can you not play Stanzi over footsteps Falko. I think Stanzi has much better QB skills then Keanu Reeves. Unless Keanu really is the one and can used his Matrix skills to throw the ball. Seriously how am I the first one to say this?

Latest posts