Stanzi Window Closing?

tomhawk80907

I'll start off by saying when Ricky came in with all the other QB's his freshman year I thought he was the odd man out. Rail thin and he had better athletes ahead of him. Quite surprised then when he jumped to the head of the class.

Now I feel like history might be repeating itself only Ricky may really have hit the ceiling this time. It seems several of his contemporaries have passed him by and his window may be closing.

I watched Foles last night and he looked good. The kid out of A&M (wide receiver) most of his career now going to start for Miami as a rookie. Gabbert seems to be playing well as does Chase for the Saints.

Don't get me wrong would love to see him explode on the scene just thinking it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I kinda saw Rick as being a a bit of a lottery ticket as it relates to being an NFL QB. That is, either he'll get it and develop into a solid starter or he won't and basically disappear. Right now he's on the road to disappearing, however, I also considered him to be a 2 year project (physical and skill growth needed) at a minimum. Not to make excuses for him but last season was difficult for ALL rookies because of the abbreviation camp and a new offense this year. It has to be difficult to learn with so many moving parts around him. That said, if he doesn't show considerable growth through this year and into next season I'd bet he's cut.

He was a project from the beginning, he has until the end of next year to develop to where they want him to be. The team is still high on him, and he is a student of the game, taking in as much game film, advice from others, etc as possible. I am not throwing the towel in on him yet, I don't think he is ever going to be Peyton Manning but he still has a shot to be a serviceable QB.

As long as he looks good in a baseball cap, carries a clipboard well, and doesn't make waves about not starting, he'll have a job. And not a bad job, either, I might add.

What do backups on other teams have to do with him? There are 32 teams, and most carry 3 QBs. Way I figure it he just has to be a top 90 QB to have a sweet gig.

I just don't see how Tannyhill starting in Miami has an effect on the 2/3 QB in KC.

Its silly to expect him to reach his ceiling in his second year, in his first full preseason. It will be a long road if he ever reaches starter status.

He had a bad game the other night, no doubt. But let's now write him off just yet. He gets a little more comfortable with the NFL game and we may see him do well at some point.

I'm a huge Stanzi fan, but let's not kid ourselves. He will not be a starter in the NFL unless a QB in front of him goes down with an injury. Nothing wrong with that either. I hope he proves me wrong.

Its silly to expect him to reach his ceiling in his second year, in his first full preseason. It will be a long road if he ever reaches starter status.

I think he's already reached his ceiling. He's a good kid, but he ain't in possession of NFL starter skills.

I think most saw him as a career back up QB.
Nothing wrong with making millions of dollars holding a clipboard on gameday.

I don't think he'll ever be a starting qb in the NFL. But he could be a career #2 that's gets garbage time and relief when #1 goes down. 10 years of that in the NFL is still living the dream.

Stanzi needs a barber. He looks so dooshy that if I didn't know who he was I'd be inclined to pull for his failing.

I watched him play against the Rams and he had two major issues, one of them was not his fault.
1. He needs to work on realizing when the pocket is closing on him. He seems to have no idea when it is collapsing and next thing you know he is sacked. He needs to throw the ball away when this happens because the guy clearly can't scramble to well.

2. The Chiefs O Line clearly has protection issues. At least the team that he was playing with did. It seemed he was always hurried with the ball or getting sacked.

Latest posts