Stanley should be punting

With a QB punting there is no way anyone leaves early to set up the return, plus the possibility of quick kicks on 3 and long, that's just FUN!

Been saying that. Yea, what if he actually stepped into the punt a couple steps?? He averaged 49 yds a punt in HS for 3 years. Hes only gotten stronger while at Iowa, I presume. I presume he could develop consistent good hang time.

Been saying that. Yea, what if he actually stepped into the punt a couple steps?? He averaged 49 yds a punt in HS for 3 years. Hes only gotten stronger while at Iowa, I presume. I presume he could develop consistent good hang time.
If his leg is anything like his arm it would make sense. I like the idea of the punt option...

It'll save a scholly or two as well. Frankly if he's as good as the others I'd do it. If he's better then them as it appears to be the case it's a freaking no brainer. I can't see him telling the coaches no he doesn't want to. The added fake dimension makes it a no brainer. New Kirk might just be open to it.....

It'll save a scholly or two as well. Frankly if he's as good as the others I'd do it. If he's better then them as it appears to be the case it's a freaking no brainer. I can't see him telling the coaches no he doesn't want to. The added fake dimension makes it a no brainer. New Kirk might just be open to it.....
Plus in situations of 4th and less than 5 he might draw them offside with his hard count. He did that a couple times in the game against OSU. Lots of potential positives with him doing the punting.

Plus in situations of 4th and less than 5 he might draw them offside with his hard count. He did that a couple times in the game against OSU. Lots of potential positives with him doing the punting.
That was so awesome too. It was neat that Griese brought it up during broadcast how he gave them a sample of it. That's something that should work once during a game but not twice. OSU was just out everythinged that game down to the details like that

We know he's got the brain needed for QB... can you imagine if we always line up in 21 formations on ALL 4th and less than 7's... Stanley has the option to punt, pass, or hand off based on what the defense does in terms of setting up a return or not.

John Elway did that a lot. Defensively, you choose to give up a defender in that situtation by having somebody back (10 vs 11) OR have nobody back to field the punt and never having a return.

I like it as a situational thing, but no college coach would risk having his bread winner get hurt with somebody rolling up on him on a punt rush situation. Loved seeing it, though.

Latest posts