Stanford...

I love watching a powerful, physical team beat the crap out of a gimmicky, finesse team. This make me want it to be 2002 again.

I love watching a powerful, physical team beat the crap out of a gimmicky, finesse team. This make me want it to be 2002 again.

Stanford knows what it is, I wish we did. They embrace the huge OL, multiple TE, run the ball down your throat, play action offense. We are all over the place, Ferentz wants a power running game, but he brings in a coordinator who wants to run hurry up no huddle spread offense, we have no clear vision for what kind of team we want to be. We do a lot of things, but do none of them exceptionally well.

Stanford Offense had TOP of 42:00 + minutes!!!!!!!! That is how you keep your D fresh. Good Primetime performance again by Stanford.

Enjoyed watching #58 David Parry, get in on the sack/force fumble of Mariota. Here is a kid that is a starter on the great defense that was in Iowa's back yard (Marion), but we only felt the need to offer him a walk-on. He is now a 2 year starter for the Cardinal.

There is no way an old school team with an oudated offense can beat an uptemp high octane offense with fast players like Oregon has...oh wait.

There is no way an old school team with an oudated offense can beat an uptemp high octane offense with fast players like Oregon has...oh wait.
yeah and we all know how hard it is to recruit, with the admission standards of stanford. No way they can be competitive.

yeah and we all know how hard it is to recruit, with the admission standards of stanford. No way they can be competitive.
It is harder to win with that style of offense. Because it is about executing perfectly. Any one thing goes wrong and you are pot committed to methodically controlling the clock. Down two scores and there is no way to catch up. It is a thing of beauty when it works, but I prefer up tempo west coast offenses that balance run, pass, good hard running. On defense, I want a submarining pair of tackles and d ends that get 4 yards up field, and lbs that are good ball hawks. Cbs need to lock down and jam at 5 yds from the line, own the flat and rely on olb and safety help over the top.

Basically I want the 88-90s 49ers. Is that too much to ask?

Last nights games just show that the game has passed Ferentz by. You can't win with defense and turnovers and special teams anymore.

3 TEs worked decent against OSU. No more 3 TE sets against Wisky = embarrassing offensive performance. Common sense says run the 3 TE set more, a lot more. When your TEs are also your best pass catchers and most dangerous threats, why the hell now use them. Oh, that's not the "iowa" way, I forgot.

Enjoyed watching #58 David Parry, get in on the sack/force fumble of Mariota. Here is a kid that is a starter on the great defense that was in Iowa's back yard (Marion), but we only felt the need to offer him a walk-on. He is now a 2 year starter for the Cardinal.
You do realize he walked on at Stanford too. Both offered walk on spots he chose Stanford.

Commence with the bellyaching though.

go back and look at that drive chart. You'll see cases where they got 2 then 3 yards on 1st and 2nd down. Then came back and ran it once again on 3rd and long and picked up the 1st down. Other times they threw on 2nd or 3rd down.

I've seen iowa do that successfully and also do it 3 and out.

Latest posts