Stalling is ruining this sport

I'm tired of watching this bullsh!t. Gets worse every year.

Coudn't agree more, its embarassing. Worse yet, there was a concious decision to punish stalling, the rule was re-written so if your out of bounds and don't make an effort to get back in bounds it was stalling, yet its never, ever, ever called.

Steiber, Molinaro, Dake, it's pathetic and worse yet this is the biggest stage and it's not called. As much as I can't stand the Golden Boy Taylor at least he is pushing the offense. These other guys are frickin pathetic.

And Russell stalled by pushing Marion out of bounds, forgot about him.

I hate Cornell's style. It's terrible. Going all the way back to Lewnes.

Not that Wright is any better.

Booooo.

Dake was so finished in the 3rd and DSJ was pushing the pace. Dake blocked the entire time. ESPN is saving for the feel good 4 timer story next year.

No, I don't really believe that, but the stalling is getting dumb.

Steiber, Molinaro, Dake, it's pathetic and worse yet this is the biggest stage and it's not called. As much as I can't stand the Golden Boy Taylor at least he is pushing the offense. These other guys are frickin pathetic.

And Russell stalled by pushing Marion out of bounds, forgot about him.

Montell Flee the Mat Marion? Give me a break. He was positioning his back right next to the edge so he could run when Russell shot.

Montell Flee the Mat Marion? Give me a break. He was positioning his back right next to the edge so he could run when Russell shot.

You are a ******* Brett. Go back to the ISU forums. No All Americans for the first time in like 60 years. Your program is a mess. You have no right to bad mouth Montell Marion - my god your comments are idiotic. The kid attacked the entire match and Russell played defense.

Guys like you are the reason the Cyclones suck.

koll had an interview during his 125 kids match against sanders in the wrestlebacks today. his kid. had scored a td in the first period and was riding sanders in the second. the interviewer asked koll what the game plan was with the lead in the second. his answer tells everything that $ucks about cornell, "we need to just weather the storm now. we know hes going to come at us and we just want to weather storm." that's a nice way of saying we are going to stall our arses off.

as someone else pointed out, give psu some credit they push the pace pretty well.

So Brett108 is a cyclone wrestling fan? And he is picking on hawkeye wrestlers in several different threads? Wow. Something is wrong here!

You are a ******* Brett. Go back to the ISU forums. No All Americans for the first time in like 60 years. Your program is a mess. You have no right to bad mouth Montell Marion - my god your comments are idiotic. The kid attacked the entire match and Russell played defense.

Guys like you are the reason the Cyclones suck.

Now, be nice to brett108. Obviously he is the type of person whose mouth reacts before his brain. He probably has no friends. His mommy must of never let him play outside when he was a child in fear of the neighbor boys beating the crap out of him after hearing that he liked playing with "Barbie Dolls". :p

Dake was so finished in the 3rd and DSJ was pushing the pace. Dake blocked the entire time. ESPN is saving for the feel good 4 timer story next year.

No, I don't really believe that, but the stalling is getting dumb.

Who was the crowd booing for in the match? I thought they were booing against Dake because he did nothing for 2 periods, but I wasn't sure during his interview.

Who was the crowd booing for in the match? I thought they were booing against Dake because he did nothing for 2 periods, but I wasn't sure during his interview.
the reason we could hear the crowd booing Dake was because the Cornel fans were sitting on their hands since they knew he was stalling. but once it was over the cornell faithful cheer their staller! dake is strong and i do think quite talanted, but backing up for 2 periods is not the sign of a Champion to me.

I hadn't watched much in the way of wrestling this year but watched the DVR of it last night and was disapointed in the quality of the wrestling. Most of them were so defensive and conservative......... get your takedown and your escape and then don't do anything. Made me long for the Randy Lewis, Royce Alger and Rico Chiparelli's of the world........ those guys and many more like them knew how to make it exciting.

I agree 100%.:)

Agree, stalling is worse now than ever.
All sessions last week it was terrible, can't understand why they even
have 2 reffs cause outside one does nothing but walk around .
Also , how in heck could they miss the slam on Marion and the 3rd caution on Russell.??
Seems like they have the favorites before it starts ..

Latest posts