Stale, inept, not enough pieces there

I'm not discounting some of the talent gaps out there, but some of the mistakes they make on defense aren't related to just their athletic ability. The next time someone boxes out on a rebound will be the first time. Same for talking/helping - every time an opponent gets to the basket for an easy score the other guys look around as if to say, how did that guy get there. Here's a novel idea - don't let your guy get to the baseline - it amazes me the number of times this happens. I would abandon their 3/4 court press - I think it serves to tire them out, and results in more easy baskets than turnovers over the course of the game.

Yes, but when the point of the D is grossly over matched, it's a sled going downhill.

It is a weird cycle. Iowa is terrible on defense, so everyone looks good in practice, which leads to guys playing that shouldn’t, which leads to a bad team looking even worse. Iowa spends all week at practice painting their shit with shinola, and then the other team puts it in a bag and lights it on fire on our porch and we step in it. I don’t even know what that means but it’s still more entertaining than this team.
Post of the Week!

I've seen Iowa play much better defense with less athletic players, under McCaffery. It's a lot of things, players and coaches.

I do think Fran survives for sure, but some assistant won't because change will be demanded, and change will come. Someone (or more) will take one for the team.

I've seen Iowa play much better defense with less athletic players, under McCaffery. It's a lot of things, players and coaches.

I do think Fran survives for sure, but some assistant won't because change will be demanded, and change will come. Someone (or more) will take one for the team.

Next year crap....he gone.

Latest posts