Spring Game?

This is more clear evidence of anti Iowa bias by the btn. 2 years in a row they git this wrong and that is unacceptable. We wait for 4 months to watch this and they don't show it on TV, how lame! What the big 10 network should do is add sub channels dedicated to each school. This makes sure that all programs get shown on TV. I am sick and tired of them picking their favorites and leaving the rest of us out.

Hopefully the BTN truck can make it this time. Had some issues last year if I remember right and Iowa was the only B1G school that didn't have their spring game aired at all.

This is more clear evidence of anti Iowa bias by the btn. 2 years in a row they git this wrong and that is unacceptable. We wait for 4 months to watch this and they don't show it on TV, how lame! What the big 10 network should do is add sub channels dedicated to each school. This makes sure that all programs get shown on TV. I am sick and tired of them picking their favorites and leaving the rest of us out.

They shouldn't show Iowa when they will have more people watching the better teams. There is no bias. It makes complete sense if you aren't wearing the Iowa blinders and chugging the kool aid.

No I will not watch the other teams spring games. So they will be losing me as an audience member that they would have had. Part of the problem is one network is too small for so many schools. So they should create sub networks that specialize in regions or schools.

BTN gets no viewing from me unless Iowa is on. In my area it's promoted as BTN Iowa and it's anything but that.

Hate to say it but the Hawks need to do what it takes to become one of the "big boys" or they need to become better at scheduling their game at the same time as lower tier programs and hope they are considered the "best of the rest" if they want air time. I do not blame BTN and personally think all should be thankful it even makes btn2go at this stage of the program.

Hate to say it but the Hawks need to do what it takes to become one of the "big boys" or they need to become better at scheduling their game at the same time as lower tier programs and hope they are considered the "best of the rest" if they want air time. I do not blame BTN and personally think all should be thankful it even makes btn2go at this stage of the program.

That's b.s. Either a school is a member of a conference, and is treated like the other members, or they aren't.

Frankly, all it takes is a BTN staffer to visit this site to know this fan base isn't worth the time. It isn't about the time when it comes to TV ratings. Our fans may "travel well", but fans constantly whining, moaning and keening like jilted prom queens doesn't instill much confidence in TV programmers/execs.

A typical thread on this site--regardless of topic heading--defaults to an overpaid, out-of-touch coach who can't recruit and chews too much gum. But, these same programmers/execs have met the coach, know the kind of person he is, etc. It doesn't mesh in their minds. The solution is to just bag on the programming for most things Iowa, and laugh all the way to the bank for actual loyalty of other schools paying off handsomely.

They shouldn't show Iowa when they will have more people watching the better teams. There is no bias. It makes complete sense if you aren't wearing the Iowa blinders and chugging the kool aid.

And how exactly does not showing the IOWA HAWKEYE football program, but showing the competiton, 'make sense'?
That is complete B*** S***.

Thank you very little BTN. Doesn't matter to me, because I will attend Spring game.
Look for me, I'll be in the Black n Gold outfit.

GO HAWKS

That's b.s. Either a school is a member of a conference, and is treated like the other members, or they aren't.

Frankly, all it takes is a BTN staffer to visit this site to know this fan base isn't worth the time. It isn't about the time when it comes to TV ratings. Our fans may "travel well", but fans constantly whining, moaning and keening like jilted prom queens doesn't instill much confidence in TV programmers/execs.

A typical thread on this site--regardless of topic heading--defaults to an overpaid, out-of-touch coach who can't recruit and chews too much gum. But, these same programmers/execs have met the coach, know the kind of person he is, etc. It doesn't mesh in their minds. The solution is to just bag on the programming for most things Iowa, and laugh all the way to the bank for actual loyalty of other schools paying off handsomely.

^^ that bolded part is silly. First there are only about 100 people actively posting on this site, maybe 50 now, and the hawks have a top 20 fan base of hundreds of thousands of people. this site is not a big representation of the hawk fans. Second, why would a BTN staffer visit this site, to gather what info, because it is pretty well known what the major fan grumblings are and have been.

Well, BTN is showing the Illinois spring game today. I wonder if the continual snub on spring game coverage is more to do with kfootball not wanting it on tv. He is an "old school" guy and, correct me if I'm wrong, he really didn't have a spring game for many, many years, right? This feels more like kfootball just doesn't want this aired. Total speculation on my part, but it makes zero sense to show the Illinois game over the Iowa game. The Failing Illini don't carry Chi-town and they currently suck, as a football program.

What agervates me is that I have to pay a monthly fee for the BTN and they don't air the spring gm. The only reason I have the BTN network is to watch the Hawks play.

That's what I think. I pay for a television package that includes BTN to watch Iowa play. Then when they don't give me what I pay for it's infuriating. Having to use BTN plus is a big rip off too. Several factors combined to make it so. First off it is not roku compatible. Second it requires both a TV subscription, and an extra monthly subscription. So that is why BTN plus is terrible. If they had an independent BTN Iowa roku channel not requiring the TV subscription I would pay for that. But I don't like the way it is now at all.

You are a fool if you think that message boards have any impact on tv schedules.

They have plenty of air time to show Iowa even if it's not live they should do a report on Iowa. To not do that is a total lack of respect. What I'm wondering is are we playing a spring game or is it more like the scrimmage we just had? If it's a scrimmage I can see why its not televised even though there should be some kind of spring report. If we're not playing a spring game does Kirk realize potential recruits might want to see it.

That's what I think. I pay for a television package that includes BTN to watch Iowa play. Then when they don't give me what I pay for it's infuriating. Having to use BTN plus is a big rip off too. Several factors combined to make it so. First off it is not roku compatible. Second it requires both a TV subscription, and an extra monthly subscription. So that is why BTN plus is terrible. If they had an independent BTN Iowa roku channel not requiring the TV subscription I would pay for that. But I don't like the way it is now at all.
I hear ya! I'm going to start dropping my BTN during the offseason. If their not going to televise the Iowa spring gm it's worthless to me. I'll pick it back up the first wk of football season

Latest posts