Spring Football Depth Chart

A couple of things jumped out to me. Areas where we should feel really good:

Offensive Line
Defensive Backs
(Not going to say RB strictly out of fear of a jinx)

Areas of concern:
Wide Receiver (although we should be better than last year with more experience back)
Line Backers- Not much real games experience here, but I've heard some talent.

I also think the Defensive line could be very good this year, but they still have to prove it.

I was very suprised to see Derrick Willies listed as the #2 SE. Heard the staff was impressed with him last year. Hopefully there's a lot of good things to come for him.

A couple of things jumped out to me. Areas where we should feel really good:

Offensive Line
Defensive Backs
(Not going to say RB strictly out of fear of a jinx)

Areas of concern:
Wide Receiver (although we should be better than last year with more experience back)
Line Backers- Not much real games experience here, but I've heard some talent.

I also think the Defensive line could be very good this year, but they still have to prove it.

We all know linebkr is going to be a drop off but Spearman has already jumped to a starting position, either he has talent to show or not much depth behind him.

I hope the defensive ends can add 15 pounds apiece and strength without losing speed as we need that edge pressure.

Bullock at the slot and at running back makes sense, canzeri and weisman and let daniels get more carries

IMO the question isn't necessarily the talent level of the new LB corp, but rather the drop off from what we're used to. I have a feeling that we may be pleasantly suprised by the new trio of LBs. Its never easy replacing players that seemed to have been starting forever, but at the same time I have a feeling that there was a great deal of raw talent waiting for their turn once they graduated. I hope to be pleasantly suprised.

It is amazing to me how many players on the two deep will return in 2015. Factor in recruiting, and the depth in 2015 will be something to behold. Yeah, I know its early to think about future years, but I just could not help myself.

It is amazing to me how many players on the two deep will return in 2015. Factor in recruiting, and the depth in 2015 will be something to behold. Yeah, I know its early to think about future years, but I just could not help myself.
I agree, but we are starting to sound like Cubs fans. Oh wait...I am a Cub fan. Life is hard sometimes.

Back to back trips to Indy for Iowa....that's what I see.

Never thought when Law was recruited that he wouldn't crack the starting lineup for his entire 4 years at Iowa. I thought when Lile left and Tanner graduated that Law would just have to beat out Gair. Lomax at FS is interesting and also makes me think that Flemming must be looking good at corner. Really liking the DL and hopefully there are no major injuries on the OL.

Really looking forward to seeing Willies.

Never thought when Law was recruited that he wouldn't crack the starting lineup for his entire 4 years at Iowa. I thought when Lile left and Tanner graduated that Law would just have to beat out Gair. Lomax at FS is interesting and also makes me think that Flemming must be looking good at corner. Really liking the DL and hopefully there are no major injuries on the OL.

I think Law and Lowdermilk would leave us lacking athleticism in the defensive backfield. Putting a corner-back type athlete at free safety should pay dividends in pass coverage, assuming Lomax knows the coverages and can react well.

Law started the last four games of his sophomore year (2012) before losing his starting spot to Lowerdermilk last offseason.

I think the biggest surprise is seeing Welsh ahead of Ward on the depth chart. I don't like it, if only because of the confusion of having a Walsh and a Welsh starting at guard.

Latest posts